Wichita Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 310 students

We are best known for Christ-centered education.

Living in Wichita Falls

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $96,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted May 6, 2011

I am completing my third year as superintendent of Wichita Christian School, and I am in awe of the way God has blessed us. We have had over 15% growth over the past two years. During this same time period, we have been the recipents of over $2.9 million in gifts toward the purchase, rennovation and new construction at 1615 Midwestern Parkway. God has blessed us with a phenomenal staff who love Him and love children. Check us out at WCS where our mission is to provide a quality education in a Christian environment that inspires hearts, minds, and souls for successful living.

Posted March 23, 2012

God has blessed my family. My child has flourished in the loving Christian environment that WCS offers. She is excited to go to school. She likes to learn. The wonderful staff at WCS tap into that enthusiasm and develop it. My child started WCS in 3K and now attends their TK program, and she is already reading at an accelerated level. Without reservation, I recommend the school and the staff. Wonderful People!!

Posted June 17, 2011

Both of my children have attended WCS exclusively. My oldest child was one of the first children to start 1st grade at WCS and go all the way through the 12th grade and get her high school diploma there. As of the writing of this review she is a Junior at Midwestern State University where she has made the Dean's Honor Roll as well as be nominated to the Who's Who list of MSU Students. She is studying Geology and is currently interning at one this areas largest oil producers. Long story, but we found out during her high school years that she is dyslexic. Due to WCS's staff and smaller class size, along with the individualized attention she was given through the years it went un-noticed. She was able to develop good coping skills and make adjustments in the classroom where it didn't become a concern until high school grades. WCS has taught her great study habits and that has been what has helped her get good grades during her college classes despite her dyslexia. We are thankful that WCS has provided such a quality program for our children. In my opinion, it would be a parental mistake to NOT consider this for your children's education.

Posted June 14, 2011

I have 3 children ranging from preschool to 6th grade and we started with Wichita Christian when my oldest daughter started kindergarten. we originally started here in large part to avoid the "teaching to the TAKS test" of the public schools. But we quickly found that there were SO many more valuable reasons to make whatever sacrifices we had to for our children to continue at WCS. I truly feel like WCS is an extended family for us. When i send my kids to school each day i know they will not only be getting a quality education by teachers that challange them each day but truly care about developing their character as well.. i have reccommended WCS to several families who now attend and absolutely love it as much as we do. We also recently had a jr. high student that lived with us and attended and i cannot say enough about those teachers and the administration as well. There is no doubt Wichita Chritian is a top notch Christian school.

Posted June 3, 2011

My daughter graduated in 2010 from WCS and has done great in college. I feel that WCS provided her with the skills needed to be a success in college. She graduated with college credits and that was also a positive experience. The small class sizes were engaging and the christian teachers and coaches a blessing to our daughter and our family.

Posted May 31, 2011

My daughter just finished her sophomore year. It is exciting to watch her grow into a great Christian young woman. Wichita Christian School has played a large part in that development, along with our family and church teaching. WCS encourages young people to discuss their growing faith in God. The relationships between students, teachers and administrators are both professional and nurturing. Students have the opportunity to learn the subject matter, build strong friendships and compete in athletics all in the context of their own personal examination of the Bible.

Posted May 24, 2011

I am a father of 2 in the elementary program at WCS. Every morning at 8:30 i have complete confidence and peace about where & with whom my children are spending 8 hours of their day. 8 hours, you can never get back, 5 days a week. My kids teachers have very high standards in all areas of their lives and are phenomenal. A parent that came over from another school once told me that the difference between a WCS education & other schools is; at the end of the day you don't spend your time building their confidence back up, re-teaching them self-worth or trying to over compensate their world so they will have healthy self esteem (which doesn't work). Your kids come home happy and thriving.

Posted May 23, 2011

I have two sons at WCS, one a Sophomore and the other a 7th grader. My boys have attended WCS since preschool - that means I've had a child at this school since 1998. I've seen WCS grow and develop over those years into a top rate school. Just in the last three years I've seen tremendous steps taken to keep WCS moving in the right direction. They moved into a new facility and have made some great additions on their teaching staff. My sons have received a great education and are surrounded by students and teachers that share my values. School is reinforcing what I teach them at home in terms of morals, ethics, and character. That is why we chose a Christian School all those years ago and we've never regretted it. The fact that my sons get to play in all sports and are receiving a great education are just bonuses in my mind. Also, because the school is small and private, they can make decisions based on common sense and what is best for teachers and students, not based on senseless rules and regulations made in Austin. I love WCS and have invested a great deal in terms of money and time and sweat because I believe in what they are doing and what they've done for my sons..

Posted May 19, 2011

I have a daughter in the 8th grade and a son in the 5th grade. They have had a great experience at WCS. The administration is great, the facilities are very nice and the learning environment is exceptional. My daughter took the ACT test as a 7th grader and would have qualified for scholarship monies if she were ready to graduate as a senior! She still has four more years of academic, social and spiritual growth at WCS that we are looking forward to!

Posted May 15, 2011

05/15/2011 My experience with Wichita Christian has been very rewarding. This is my family's first year at WCS. My son is in kindergarten and daughter in 6th grade. I had prayed for the right place for my children, then left it in God's Hands. And He made it possible. The teachers are loving, generous, and very supportive. My son feels special because he says Mrs. Baker loves him and has no doubt about it. He asks to read stories to me at bedtime instead of the other way around - at the age of 6. We went shopping the other day, and I grabbed two items off the shelf. Then I said we needed two more. He replied, "Mom, 2 plus 2 is 4." He is learning and applying his knowledge to real life. Spiritually, I loved seeing him with his best friend who is in his class, looking through a Bible pointing out the words they recognized - excited to be reading and not scared to delve into God's Word. And last week, my son read a Bible verse during chapel. They all did. Each Kindergarten child had an individual scripture. When they finished, I began tearing up. He has strength here - spiritually and academically. I am thankful to Wichita Christian for what they have given to my family.

Posted May 9, 2011

I have been associated with the sceondary school at WCS for 5 years. The teachers are stellar. The students are great and their parents are the best. All of the stakeholders at WCS take great pride in providing a Christian education for the students that are enrolled there. The curriculum is above state standards without any type of high stakes testing. It is without question one of the best if not the best school in Wichita Falls. All of the teachers in the core classes are certified teachers and they are providing the students at the secondary level an educations that will prepare them for college.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 5, 2011

I have been involved with WCS going into my 6th year next fall. I can say that I am seeing continued growth at WCS. We have had 300 plus students registered this past year. We have more students registered right now for next year than we have ever had at this time. The teacher experience you will find at WCS is truly over the top. Each of these teachers love these students and treat them as if they were their own. If you are looking for a school for your child/children let me encourage you to come and tour WCS. I promise you will NOT be disappointed.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 26, 2011

My son is in K. He just turned 5 when he started. He is doing above average in math, reads at least 200+ words, and writes on level. The librarian has them do AR testing and he is getting 100% on 1st grade books. They have the tools to do advance work at all grades. We love his teacher, his school and the after care program. They study computers, art and music at all ages. The Zoophonics curriculum is a great way for the K students to learn while moving. WCS is a great school for little boys as it's harder for them to sit still all day when they first start. The teachers know that and work with them to get them from where they are to where they should be. The discipline system there is rewards and consequences based with emphasis on taking responsibility for their actions. The teacher gives me resources for any area I want to work on with my child. Weekly e-mails notify parents. There are opportunities to learn outside of the normal curriculum. The school is caring with all the staff knowing my son. They put out annual surveys to improve. Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists and Non-denominations go there too. This is a first rate solid Christian school.

Posted April 18, 2011

My daughter is in kindergarten and I have nothing but positive remarks for WCS. They truly care about their students. For example, the PE teacher recently sent an email out stating she would be happy to apply sunscreen and make sure they wear hats during PE. I really appreciate the extra attention. It's almost like having a whole group of "moms" looking out for my child. I am looking forward to 1st grade!

Posted April 14, 2011

My granddaughter attends Wichita Christian School, and we could not be more pleased with the education she is receiving. She will leave Kindergarten next month already reading, happy and successful. We are already registered for first grade.

Posted November 12, 2009

I couln't agree more. My child left WCS because there was no standard of education. They dummy down learning so kids can pass without putting in any effort at all. Also, the cliques involved there are going to drive that school into the ground. All four years my children went there, there was the same group of parents and their kids who were handed everything. Maybe that's why the people who are in the clique are the majority of the school now.

Posted September 2, 2009

WCS provides the educational/moral environment we desire for our children. The teachers set standards of success not mediocracy, while caring about your child as a real person made uniquely by God. The JH/HS students are leaders in their local churches and our community. These are the type of kids and families your children will be spending the night with on friday night. The peer pressure is positive and the chance to succeed in sports, student council, and other self-esteem building organizations are avaialable for all students. The classroom student size is smaller than average, and with no distruptive discipline problems true learning for a full period occurs daily/hourly. The WCS students are well behaved. i am not an employee of WCS, but am an involved parent which puts me in the halls of that school on a pop in basis.

Posted June 23, 2009

This shool is very, very cliquish. The parent envolvment are the parents that belong to this cliquic and only make decision for their kids or the friends kids. The academics- first they need new christain books to teach out of and then instead of lowering the standerd so kids can pass they need to demand that kids rise to the higher level of learning which would weed out the kids that are there because they can't make it anywhere else.

Posted March 8, 2009

I have a hard time believing that this school is so wonderful. My children attended WCS for many years and left last year with 40 or more other kids. We feel like this school will not change as long as the cliques are not eliminated. The parents/teachers are the cliques, not the students themselves. I think it is sad that as long as you are a part of WCS you are liked, but as soon as you show any sort of individualality you are shunned. This saddens me and it saddened my children. We are glad to have left WCS, because let's face it, that is not a Christian attitude to have. Shouldn't we, as Christians, teach our childen to stand out in a world that expects them to fit in. I, for one, am glad to have left WCS because my children have been truly blessed by the move.

Posted February 24, 2009

WCS has been such a blessing to our family. Our children have attended since preschool and we couldn't imagine being anywhere else. We have children in the elementary level and the secondary level and all of my children are well educated, happy and wouldn't want to attend anywhere else. We have been so happy with the principals, teachers and the new administration. This school is on the right track when it comes to preparing our future generations for the world that lies ahead! Thank you for the wonderful job, WCS!

Posted February 23, 2009

I love this school. It has been great for my children. They are not only receiving a great education, they are becoming leaders. I would recommend this school to everyone!

Asian 2% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Wichita Falls ISD
Burkburnett ISD
Henrietta ISD
Colleges most students attend after graduation Midwestern State University
Abilene Christian University
Oklahoma Christian University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

• College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Karla Wallace
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook