Westwind Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2013
Our son is autistic. He was in good hands for several years in self-contained and inclusion classes at a different Frenship ISD school. Inexplicably, the district mainstreamed him to Westwind for two years. The teachers wanted us to drug him so he could "focus". He was physically disciplined by his teacher without notifying us. The child finally said something 7 days later or we may well never have known. An independent specialist stated no drugs were necessary, he's not hyper and is extremely docile. Dr. stated he couldn't function in general ed. classes. The specialist recommended placing him back at his original school. The district refused. We sold our house just to get him away from Westwind. His new San Francisco Bay Area school is light years ahead of Westwind. He's in a superb Special Day Class with several aides and individual support. The Director of Special Ed. is plugged in and is a thinker, as opposed to the rude, unprofessional Director we had to deal with at Frenship ISD. If you have an average child, Westwind might be fine. If your child is disabled, don't walk, run from Westwind Elementary. Don't settle for subpar when so much better is to be had elsewhere.

Posted October 09, 2013
Our kiddos have attended Westwind since 2007, after coming out of an absolutely horrible school in LISD....and...we could not be happier! The children truly come 1st and the teachers love these kids so much. Example, my son struggled in 4th grade with writing, we placed him in after school tutoring for 4 to 6 weeks. He quickly bonded with the teacher and picked it up and never looked back. He's now in 7th grade, has not seen this teacher since he left Westwind, she stopped me in the hall the other day and asked how he was doing!! That says great things about the stature of teachers we have at Westwind!! We have 2 1/2 more years in elementary and wouldn't dream of spending it anywhere else!

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted May 22, 2007
My family moved here from Oregon. I was homeschooling my kids in Oregon, because we were extremely unhappy with their schools. I had heard that Frenship I.S.D was a great school, so decided to take a chance. We're so glad we did! Westwind is an excellent school! The teachers, principal and staff are wonderful! They truly care about the kids. We really feel blessed to be in this school district, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 19, 2005
All three of my children have gone to Westwind Elementary since they were 5 years old. Westwind is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. My children's teachers have always gave them personal one on one attention as they do with every child that enters those doors each day. My husband and I debated the issue if we should retain our son back when he was in the first grade, because of his maturity level and we found nothing but support in our decision. The children also love the Character Counts program and the school strives to keep parents involved with this. They are also on the national website www.charactercounts.org. We love the school and are very excited that they are expanding.

Westwind Elementary School
P O Box 100, Wolfforth, TX  79407
Last modified Westwind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwind Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top