Posted December 05, 2013
This is my first year at Midway High School and I can honestly say it is probably one of the most creative and useful experiences I've ever had. I'm involved in Orchestra, DIM, and all Pre-AP classes and I always feel like I'm being treated justly. Most teachers are attentive to your needs and understand your problems. It has a very diverse student body and anyone can at least find one friend. From what I can tell, there is very little bullying, and even rarer is there ever a fight. Every student is encouraged to apply themselves and are told to go for whatever goal they want. Midway offer great education along with great experience.

Midway High School 2

Posted April 01, 2013
For a suburban school, it fits the mold. I've gone to this school for ten years now, and I'm glad to say this year is my last one. Some things that I've observed over the years: This school has a very right-wing mindset. Students and sometimes teachers openly criticize the current president. The dress code is a joke. This is a public school that we are required to go to by law if we live in the district, yet they are forcing us to cut our hair. I thought this was public, not private. The only positive is academics. Many AP courses are offered and the teachers teach them well, but don't expect diversity in these classes. I'm currently enrolled in 5 pre-ap classes right now, as a sophomore, and there's probably 2 minorities/ 25 white kids in every class of mine. Also, this school is as religious as a public school can be. They have developed a mindset that they're just going to do what they want regardless of the law. For example, a group prayer was recently led at an event for my peers and me. I'm pretty sure this is against the law. If you're more aimed towards quality education and less towards the social life, pick this school. Otherwise, good luck. This school is cliquish.

Midway High School 1

Posted February 21, 2013
Completely overrated. Lazy staff. No guidance. No interest in students. No sensitivity to students. They just want the student seated so they can collect their $40 a day from the government. Strict dress codes ridiculous. I'd like to see more flexibility in teaching methods. Tests aren't used to measure performance either - homework is weighted as much as tests. So that means your child had better do all the homework and not miss one because that becomes a zero factored in. My daughter gets 100s in Math, but missed two homework assignments and came out with a C. Ridiculous.

Posted January 11, 2010

Midway High School 0

Posted November 13, 2009
I think this school is wonderful. I am an aunt to one of the students there and I have never seen her bloom so fast....Wonderful!

Posted August 03, 2009
I am very pleased with Midway High. I've seldom seen a school with more opportunities for students, in academics, sports and arts. I have only daughters, and it is rare to find a HS in Texas that will give as much attention to girl sports as it does to boy's football. Also, the level of its academics is outstanding.

Midway High School 3

Posted January 27, 2009

Midway High School 3

Posted January 24, 2009
im not liking this school too much. They have strict hair codes and dress codes they are taking away from the student's personal style and freedom. I feel mildly safe but I think they give to much homework. One teacher acts as if its the only class that student has.

Midway High School 0

Posted December 12, 2008
Midway High School has been a good school for my daughter. The students attend meetings with their advisory group every month, have a 'house' principal and counselor that stays with them from Freshman to Senior year, and have numerous opportunities for school involvement. For such a large school, they have managed to keep the small-town feel that was enjoyed 20 years ago when I attended MHS. The kids are still somewhat spoiled, as are the parents, but this is a well-functioning school and district.

Midway High School 1

Posted October 03, 2008

Midway High School
13885 Woodway Drive, Woodway, TX  76712
Last modified Midway High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midway High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top