Bad
Good

Cox is a wonderful school! My children came from being homeschooled the past 2 years and the teachers there went out of their way to make sure that they adjusted well! My son has social interaction issues and his teachers always make sure he feels safe, included, and well-adjusted! The teachers are wonderful about making sure you are always kept up to date on the goings on with your children and are willing to work with parents on any issues that may arise. The only reason I could not give them 5 stars is the amount of emphasis some of the teachers put of the STAAR test is unreal! My 8 year old daughter spent the latter part of the year coming home stressed every day! It is ridiculous for children so young to have so much anxiety over a test they don't even have to pass to move on to the next grade. Again, this is only some of the teachers as my son's teachers did not cause near as much stress about it! Overall, though, the teachers and staff at Cox are amazing!

My child has attended Cox Elementary for a year now and he loves going to school. He learns a lot and is happy there. The parents take pride in the school which is great. There seems to be a lot of parent involvement. My child's teacher was very caring. I trust this school.

Cox Elementary has been declining as of late. The quality of education is not on par with the rest of the district and some teachers discriminate against the Title I students. So much that even some of the students that are not Title I but in the dual language program get snobbed against. Lastly, the administration has lost control over the school allowing the teachers to dictate policy. Of course they have their favorites and I feel this is the main reason for its recent decline.

We've been at Cox now for 3 years..and I can honestly say that my kids haven't improved much at all. Yes they can read and spell and do math but the overall experience is terrible. And the parents it all cliques ...you see them hanging out in groups at the bike racks at pick up time..and they snub their nose at you if you aren't part of their group. I've tried on several occasions to introduce myself and start a conversation but they ignore you...that can only be reflected up their children ..will be really glad to leave this school.

I live around this school and really appreciate them keeping the noise down. I enjoy seeing the kids be able to ride bikes and walk to school. I feel bad for the people in our sub that live in the local County since they can't send kids to this school.

We are so happy with Cox! The PTA is great! The teachers are incredible! The students are taught character and discipline! Its amazing! We love it!

We love the school and our child has been there since it opened in August of 2004 (not 2003 like previously reported). The teachers, staff and principal have all been great!!

this is the best school my son and duter.

I think that the school as a whole is a community. The principals this year seem to be more strict than in latter years. The teachers love parents that volunteer or that sub. They love it if you have that extra 30 minutes a week to be a mentor. They love it also when some moms are subs. It lets them know that parent's accept them as teachers and as parents. Cox has my support 100%. The one thing that I can say is that my child started their in the spring semster of 2005. She has grown so much in the last 3 1/2 years that I can see a difference in her.

The facilities are very good and my childrens teachers were very good, I however did not appreciate the pricipal. She was not on top of everything going on and the mannerism in which she carries herself and in which she handles issues seemed to be lacking in many area's. Also the food for the children is terrible and I would advise that you let your children bring a lunch everyday.

Last modified Cheri Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.