Wylie, TX

Posted July 23, 2014
My child has attended Cox Elementary for a year now and he loves going to school. He learns a lot and is happy there. The parents take pride in the school which is great. There seems to be a lot of parent involvement. My child's teacher was very caring. I trust this school.

Cheri Cox Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
Cox Elementary has been declining as of late. The quality of education is not on par with the rest of the district and some teachers discriminate against the Title I students. So much that even some of the students that are not Title I but in the dual language program get snobbed against. Lastly, the administration has lost control over the school allowing the teachers to dictate policy. Of course they have their favorites and I feel this is the main reason for its recent decline.

Cheri Cox Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2012
We've been at Cox now for 3 years..and I can honestly say that my kids haven't improved much at all. Yes they can read and spell and do math but the overall experience is terrible. And the parents it all cliques ...you see them hanging out in groups at the bike racks at pick up time..and they snub their nose at you if you aren't part of their group. I've tried on several occasions to introduce myself and start a conversation but they ignore you...that can only be reflected up their children ..will be really glad to leave this school.

Posted June 30, 2011
I live around this school and really appreciate them keeping the noise down. I enjoy seeing the kids be able to ride bikes and walk to school. I feel bad for the people in our sub that live in the local County since they can't send kids to this school.

Posted August 07, 2008
We are so happy with Cox! The PTA is great! The teachers are incredible! The students are taught character and discipline! Its amazing! We love it!

Posted April 16, 2008
We love the school and our child has been there since it opened in August of 2004 (not 2003 like previously reported). The teachers, staff and principal have all been great!!

Posted October 26, 2007
this is the best school my son and duter.

Posted October 24, 2007
I think that the school as a whole is a community. The principals this year seem to be more strict than in latter years. The teachers love parents that volunteer or that sub. They love it if you have that extra 30 minutes a week to be a mentor. They love it also when some moms are subs. It lets them know that parent's accept them as teachers and as parents. Cox has my support 100%. The one thing that I can say is that my child started their in the spring semster of 2005. She has grown so much in the last 3 1/2 years that I can see a difference in her.

Cheri Cox Elementary School 0

Posted August 16, 2007
The facilities are very good and my childrens teachers were very good, I however did not appreciate the pricipal. She was not on top of everything going on and the mannerism in which she carries herself and in which she handles issues seemed to be lacking in many area's. Also the food for the children is terrible and I would advise that you let your children bring a lunch everyday.

Cheri Cox Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2007

Cheri Cox Elementary School
P O Box 490, Wylie, TX  75098
Last modified Cheri Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheri Cox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top