Bad
Good

I have has 2 kids go thru Smith. The teachers are amazing, and administration is awesome.

I have been a part of Smith Elementary's school for all 3 years it has been opened, and I really believe that the kids and their success are central to the school. The teachers are of exemplary quality, and the leadership style of Mr. Winn and Mrs. Saldivar is beyond compare. I am so proud that my children can attend this school, and look forward to the excellence this campus will prepare them for in their academic successes!

So far, it has been great, teachers, facilities, etc

We feel extremely fortunate that our children attend this school. The principals and staff are VERY caring individuals, and work hard to make all the students successful. For us, this has carried over into all areas. The school makes an effort to recognize children for behaviours and events inside and outside the school walls. Just this week someone outside of Wylie asked where we lived and what school our children attend. When told, she said, 'I know that school. That's a good school.' Kudos.

Although the school has great TAKs scores, it is because the school focuses on bubble kids (kids who are close to passing or failing the TAKs). There are many good teachers at Smith, but when there is an inadequate teacher, the principal will stand behind him or her to the detriment of the students. The school also falls short when it comes to serving students with special needs.

Smith Elementary is by far the best public elementary in Wylie, TX. We received a TEA 'Exemplary' rating after only being open one year! The parents are so involved! My daughter has been a 'Bulldog' since the schools opening in August 2007 and we are so excited for our other 2 children to attend there in the future. Mr. Winn (the principal) and all of his staff are the best!

This is a brand new school. It is very nice and has all the latest technology! The Principals are fabulous and so are all of the teachers. Every Friday they have 'Bulldog Boogie' which is basically an academic pep rally. They recognize the children for different accomplishments complete with certificates and dog tags lol The children can be recognized for academics, AR points, behavior and character traits. They promote a very positive attitude and have cute cheers that the kids just love! I am very impressed!

This is a Great school, the staff are friendly, my child's teacher stays in communication with us regarding my child's progress. The kids love the watchdog dad program, and they urge the parents to be involved in their child's education.

Last modified Rita Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.