Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

they recognize positive behaviors at the wolf school meetings. They call it the wylie way. it means more less doing the right thing even when no one is watching

Whitt is a wonderful school it is the best of the best. The teachers are teachers that want to teach not just get a paycheck. They care about the kids. Not everything is perfect but it is almost perfect. The Nurse Kim is so loving and kind to the kids. She makes sure they get their meds when needed and she will let you know even small things like if a bumps heads and such. Mrs. Frame LOVES to teach and make a difference in her kids lives. She loves her job and she makes the world a better place one child at a time. Mrs. Hunter also loves to teach her kids. She makes learning fun and inventive. Mrs. Bowman is AMAZING! She has helped my son more that any words can express. She gave him a fire for learning! I am so blessed to have had my son in her class. Not all the teachers have I loved. Some I have not. However the office has always had my children's best interest at heart. And if a teacher messed up they made the teacher fix it. They will got to bat for the child not the parent not the teacher but the child Which in my book is fantastic. I am so happy that my wonderful children get to go to whitt. The pta is well can be like a big who's who kind of event. but they raise a huge mega amount of money for my kids so I don't mind. it does seam like they are asking for money ALL the time but its not like they point out what parent did not give them money so that's okay I guess. I give what I can when I can. That's all I can do.

My oldest child currently attends Whitt and we have been nothing but blown away by the teachers, administration and the PTA. All top notch teachers and my son has excelled. He loves reading, math, science and school in general. The parental involvement is very high and the PTA does wonderful things for the school both financially and by providing educational and constructive programs to the students. I'm not quite sure what the previous reviewer was referring to, the PTA has been nothing but welcoming to me and my family even though we are new to the school. When we were researching schools we looked at all of our options; private, charter, public, and even homeschooling and I can tell you that we made the right decision by choosing Whitt. Their academics and parental involvement rival any private school I have ever been to. Can't say enough good things about Whitt!

I have worked in various schools for 29 years, currently in a school district accounts payable office. My grandchildren attend Whitt Elementary. I would like to say that I am very impressed with the Whitt Elementary PTA. They work hard to raise funds to be used for the best interest of the students and teachers. The parents who volunteer their time are caring, dedicated and selfless individuals who work hard for their school and community. I wish all district schools had a group as dedicated and selfless as this. Kudos to the great job Whitt PTA, My grandchildren have wonderful teachers who go above and beyond for their students. The administration is dedicated to educational excellence. I am thrilled my grandchildren attend Whitt Elementary.

The school is fine but the PTA is full of self centered women and it never changes because they do not let 'new' people on the board, they just switch around until they leave for another school. They spend money on things they do not need like Tshirts for every occasion for board members, and they are not just run of the mill shirts either. The president is fake and gossipy, they do not give credit where credit is due. They treat the good volunteers like dirt and the "friends of the PTA" like they are gold. It is disgusting. I have never seen such a group of gossipy hens in that bunch.

My kids love this school,teacher,PTA and even friends. The teacher pay more time with students...my kids learn a lot of good thing :)

Whitt Elementary has been a great school for my children. The staff always makes the kids feel like individuals and takes time to know every single one. The teachers have been very impressive. We have even been blessed to have a couple take interest with our kids and work with them even though they are not one of their students. The PTA is very involved and has supplied the school with some much needed items along with some fun items. Everyone involved with the school really seems to have the kids interests at heart.

We are in our second year there and we have had great teachers.. The parental involvement is greatly lacking. Most parents seem to want to get the kids out of their hair for that seven hours a day and not do anything to help around the school... Not including the working parents in this. I see many that stay at home that do just not want to do a thing but complain about the teachers.. Get in there and help! I love it there.

Whitt Elementary is a beautiful campus and does have a few great teachers. However, the staff as a whole is a disappointing group of uninspiring teachers whose level of genuine care for their students is greatly lacking. My recommendation is to carefully research the school and, more importantly, the teacher with whom your child would be placed. The school believes that no one teacher is better than another. Theoretically this sounds great, but in reality it could not be farther from the truth. I would guess that a maximum of half the reviews were written by actual parents and the other half by Whitt administrators working to increase their positive rating.

Great school, high parent involvement. great teachers and administrators.

Last modified Don Whitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.