Wylie, TX
Students enrolled: 1,976

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 26, 2015
I'm a student that currently attends wylie high, (I just finished my freshman year) and I can say that it's truly amazing. Our principal, Mr.Montgomery, truly cares about every student and he's involved in everything. He is what pretty much makes our school so great. We also have this saying called AHMO that really brings our school together. There is so much diversity and a bunch of cool things you can do here. We even have a ping pong table at our cafeteria and the principal plays with us sometimes ahaha

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is AWESOME with one of the best principles that I have ever sen in my lifetime. I have had 3 exchange students attend this school and they have had the best American experience that anyone could ever hope for and i think that is because the staff really cares and is involved in the details of the students lives. I have never seen a principle take such care with the students he has. I don't know how Wylie was blessed with him, but I would double his salary to make sure he never left. Anyone going to Wylie High School is privileged to be part of it. Go Pirates!

Wylie High School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
This school broke me. I used to love school until I moved to Wylie. My smile started to disappear slowly. I turned into the loner quiet kid that everybody picks on. Even the teachers picked on me, throwing things and almost hitting me in the face then another criticizing what music I listen to not know that that person's music keeps me going. There is only two teachers in the entire school that I trust. I always felt invisible at this school. The principal is pretty awesome though.

Posted March 27, 2012
I am a parent of three students in the district. In the fall I will have a Freshman and a Junior at WHS. My students are involved in GT services, AP classes, and That Wylie Band primarily. They have also enjoyed Theater Arts and UIL Academic competitions. We have had a very positive experience will all these programs. My oldest participated in the TMEA All State Band as a Sophomore in 2012 thanks to an outstanding band program, amazing and inspiring band instructors, an outstanding private lesson instructor and personal practice. He now wants to major in music, and he is setting all kinds of goals for himself. Each year he is taking at least one AP class which will result in college credits. My entering Freshman is looking forward to marching with That Wylie Band in the fall and a rigorous academic schedule. Schools are very well funded. Decisions to drop programs like Junior High girls soccer which was dropped this year, come from very financially savvy decision-makers that have students best interests at the core of all difficult decisions. Teachers are caring and professional. Administrators are always visible and working toward continuous improvement.

Posted February 27, 2011
I am currently a student at Wylie High School, and my experience here is very good from a student's point of view. The Staff is very relaxed about rules that don't have to do with safety or academics, which are the only important ones in my opinion. The teachers I've had are not only good teachers, but they are cool teachers. I'm am involved in their Debate Team, which is a nationally recognized program at Wylie, that I would recommend for anyone who can argue.

Posted September 17, 2009
Wonderful teachers. Athletic program is awesome.

Posted June 12, 2009
My last 8 years as a counselor before retirement were at Wylie HS. Of all my schools, I have never been prouder to be a part of a staff who put kids first, no matter what. Always a team effort, some of the most awesome instructors and principals, unbelievable extra-curricular activities in all areas, and students who were happy, engaged, challenged, and safe. Teachers truly spent many, many extra hours with students for any reason. I was happy to be a part of a district who remembers that the student is the foundation of the school, and where respect of those students was a major part of learning, not only in academics.

Posted February 06, 2008
I think Wylie high school is a great shcool. Their culinary program probably is the best in the us.

Posted September 28, 2007
This is my child's second year at Wylie High and it has been fantastic. The entire school district is that of a small country town and all their staff is very caring and helpful. They have some of the best funded schools I have ever seen.

Posted June 22, 2007
I attended Wylie schools my entire life and graduated in 2004. I was extremely impressed with the Gifted and Talented program. As a military brat and many friends enrolled, I can highly recommend the AFJROTC program. Sports are a big thing at Wylie High, but That Wylie Band is just as accomplished. If theatre is more your style, try out for Main Stage Play Production class. There are 4 or 5 productions every year and always a pleasant event. I plan on returning to Wylie in 2 years, after I have finished my student teaching, to teach. There is no better school district out there with the levels of technology and hometown feel.

P O Box 490, Wylie, TX  75098
Last modified Wylie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wylie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top