Wylie, TX
Students enrolled: 1,976

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is AWESOME with one of the best principles that I have ever sen in my lifetime. I have had 3 exchange students attend this school and they have had the best American experience that anyone could ever hope for and i think that is because the staff really cares and is involved in the details of the students lives. I have never seen a principle take such care with the students he has. I don't know how Wylie was blessed with him, but I would double his salary to make sure he never left. Anyone going to Wylie High School is privileged to be part of it. Go Pirates!

Wylie High School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
This school broke me. I used to love school until I moved to Wylie. My smile started to disappear slowly. I turned into the loner quiet kid that everybody picks on. Even the teachers picked on me, throwing things and almost hitting me in the face then another criticizing what music I listen to not know that that person's music keeps me going. There is only two teachers in the entire school that I trust. I always felt invisible at this school. The principal is pretty awesome though.

Posted March 27, 2012
I am a parent of three students in the district. In the fall I will have a Freshman and a Junior at WHS. My students are involved in GT services, AP classes, and That Wylie Band primarily. They have also enjoyed Theater Arts and UIL Academic competitions. We have had a very positive experience will all these programs. My oldest participated in the TMEA All State Band as a Sophomore in 2012 thanks to an outstanding band program, amazing and inspiring band instructors, an outstanding private lesson instructor and personal practice. He now wants to major in music, and he is setting all kinds of goals for himself. Each year he is taking at least one AP class which will result in college credits. My entering Freshman is looking forward to marching with That Wylie Band in the fall and a rigorous academic schedule. Schools are very well funded. Decisions to drop programs like Junior High girls soccer which was dropped this year, come from very financially savvy decision-makers that have students best interests at the core of all difficult decisions. Teachers are caring and professional. Administrators are always visible and working toward continuous improvement.

Posted February 27, 2011
I am currently a student at Wylie High School, and my experience here is very good from a student's point of view. The Staff is very relaxed about rules that don't have to do with safety or academics, which are the only important ones in my opinion. The teachers I've had are not only good teachers, but they are cool teachers. I'm am involved in their Debate Team, which is a nationally recognized program at Wylie, that I would recommend for anyone who can argue.

Posted February 20, 2010
We moved here from Virginia Beach last year. We thought it would take a while for our son to adjust. He transitioned with ease. He plays football and runs track. The sports teams are very family oriented. They make sure grades come first. We have not been happier and our son loves it. The dress code is awesome. Our son leaves home dress for success. We are very satified with Wylie HS.

Wylie High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Wonderful teachers. Athletic program is awesome.

Posted June 12, 2009
My last 8 years as a counselor before retirement were at Wylie HS. Of all my schools, I have never been prouder to be a part of a staff who put kids first, no matter what. Always a team effort, some of the most awesome instructors and principals, unbelievable extra-curricular activities in all areas, and students who were happy, engaged, challenged, and safe. Teachers truly spent many, many extra hours with students for any reason. I was happy to be a part of a district who remembers that the student is the foundation of the school, and where respect of those students was a major part of learning, not only in academics.

Posted February 06, 2008
I think Wylie high school is a great shcool. Their culinary program probably is the best in the us.

Posted January 25, 2008

Wylie High School 0

Posted September 28, 2007
This is my child's second year at Wylie High and it has been fantastic. The entire school district is that of a small country town and all their staff is very caring and helpful. They have some of the best funded schools I have ever seen.

Wylie High School
P O Box 490, Wylie, TX  75098
Last modified Wylie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wylie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top