Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They preach one thing but do completely the opposite. They are a bunch of bullies. Honestly. Leadership starts at the top, and their leader Mr. Montgomery has no leadership skills when it comes to motivating staff. He hangs with the popular kids, and disregards the special education kids.

Clearly, the people writing are staff or Mr. Montgomery himself writing on this post. In truth, Wylie high school has some good teachers and staff plus good athletes program. However, academics takes a second hand, and at the end comes special education. As for the principal, he is a bully. That is all he does most of the days. All the principal does is visits all the events for a few minutes and takes pictures to pretend he is involved then post them on facebook and twitter. The man is all about public relations, but deep down he doesn't care about special education nor the teachers. He has weak leadership style. He pretends to be something he is not. People see straight through him. He pretends to be involved with the students life, and we all know he does it to protect himself for a job. People are scared to speak out against his rude habits but sometimes fear of what he will do indirectly or directly, and the people that he has conned to get them to believe he is something he is not have no clue until they are faced with the issues that make the school look. He has no people skill at the end of the day when it comes to staff development, leadership, nor parent interaction. A true leader motivates all, and inspires others to be more than what they are capable of becoming.

After moving to another county in texas I have found that if your child has special needs or educational curves in learning that Wylie don't really care about the student just enough to say they have passed. But truly they haven't...my child is so far behind I am appalled to her Wylie is say they are that good... secondly they do NOT have a program to adhere to the hearing impaired and would rather spend tax payers Hard earned money for sports verses academics to educate our children... thanks for nothing Wylie isd

Develops character: Strongly agree

I'm a student that currently attends wylie high, (I just finished my freshman year) and I can say that it's truly amazing. Our principal, Mr.Montgomery, truly cares about every student and he's involved in everything. He is what pretty much makes our school so great. We also have this saying called AHMO that really brings our school together. There is so much diversity and a bunch of cool things you can do here. We even have a ping pong table at our cafeteria and the principal plays with us sometimes ahaha

This school is AWESOME with one of the best principles that I have ever sen in my lifetime. I have had 3 exchange students attend this school and they have had the best American experience that anyone could ever hope for and i think that is because the staff really cares and is involved in the details of the students lives. I have never seen a principle take such care with the students he has. I don't know how Wylie was blessed with him, but I would double his salary to make sure he never left. Anyone going to Wylie High School is privileged to be part of it. Go Pirates!

This school broke me. I used to love school until I moved to Wylie. My smile started to disappear slowly. I turned into the loner quiet kid that everybody picks on. Even the teachers picked on me, throwing things and almost hitting me in the face then another criticizing what music I listen to not know that that person's music keeps me going. There is only two teachers in the entire school that I trust. I always felt invisible at this school. The principal is pretty awesome though.

I am a parent of three students in the district. In the fall I will have a Freshman and a Junior at WHS. My students are involved in GT services, AP classes, and That Wylie Band primarily. They have also enjoyed Theater Arts and UIL Academic competitions. We have had a very positive experience will all these programs. My oldest participated in the TMEA All State Band as a Sophomore in 2012 thanks to an outstanding band program, amazing and inspiring band instructors, an outstanding private lesson instructor and personal practice. He now wants to major in music, and he is setting all kinds of goals for himself. Each year he is taking at least one AP class which will result in college credits. My entering Freshman is looking forward to marching with That Wylie Band in the fall and a rigorous academic schedule. Schools are very well funded. Decisions to drop programs like Junior High girls soccer which was dropped this year, come from very financially savvy decision-makers that have students best interests at the core of all difficult decisions. Teachers are caring and professional. Administrators are always visible and working toward continuous improvement.

I am currently a student at Wylie High School, and my experience here is very good from a student's point of view. The Staff is very relaxed about rules that don't have to do with safety or academics, which are the only important ones in my opinion. The teachers I've had are not only good teachers, but they are cool teachers. I'm am involved in their Debate Team, which is a nationally recognized program at Wylie, that I would recommend for anyone who can argue.

Wonderful teachers. Athletic program is awesome.

My last 8 years as a counselor before retirement were at Wylie HS. Of all my schools, I have never been prouder to be a part of a staff who put kids first, no matter what. Always a team effort, some of the most awesome instructors and principals, unbelievable extra-curricular activities in all areas, and students who were happy, engaged, challenged, and safe. Teachers truly spent many, many extra hours with students for any reason. I was happy to be a part of a district who remembers that the student is the foundation of the school, and where respect of those students was a major part of learning, not only in academics.

Last modified Wylie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.