Bad
Good

This is our second year here, I absolutely think this is one of the best school any of my children have ever attended. They are full of life and love here you will feel welcome and wanted. Most of all the have wonderful teachers and leaders that the kids love and make them love their school and learning. My kids love Akin Elementary!!!

Rita Smith My daughter is currently in bilingual pre-k and is being the most wonderful experience she had ever had, the teacher is awesome the principal is allways there when you need him, My daughet also is having speech therapy and she therapist is also amazing

My son went to school from K-4th and has had many opportunities to feel successful in reading counts, gifted and talented program, and science fair projects. He has enjoyed many extra-curriculars too such as the science club and the 4th grade choir. Akin also has a jr. master gardening program for 3rd and 4th graders. The staff is very caring and knows each student by name. This is a great neighborhood school.

Coming from Dodd which I absolutely loved, I was worried Akin would not meet up to my expectations, but I have been happy to have been proven wrong. They have a wonderful friendly and caring staff and my children and I love it here. We couldnt be happier!

Excellent support system for children with special needs! My son has been a student there since kindergarten, and he has thrived all the way through the 4th grade.

Last modified P M Akin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.