Bad
Good

Posted March 17, 2015
that was a great school for me...my son and daughter are very happy to have a teacher,principal,friends,stuf..they all good keep up the good work groves...

Posted February 18, 2014
Groves Elementary is an excellent school. All the teachers have been very caring, and they have great parent involvement. There are tons of activities for the students after school to participate in for all grade levels. They take field trips when budgets allow. We have been nothing but pleased with the leadership, Jill Vasquez, and all the teachers. We have a student in 2nd grade and K. They have plenty of communication with parents. This is a top notch school. We have been very pleased with the Gifted and Talented programs as well.

Posted February 13, 2014
I have never dealt with such a classless principal. She is disrespectful, rude, and condescending. She is far from professional. Her way of speaking to staff and students are also poor. Jill Vasquez is one of the most disgraceful principals I have ever encountered. I refuse to let our children attend a school where the principal is so unprofessional. Thank God for private schools. This principal should resign and serve as the mascot; she definitely is a Gator! A mean, mean old gator!

Posted February 09, 2014
I love Groves Elementary. My daughter is in the 1st grade there. The staff is wonderful and helpful. All of the 1st grade and kindergarden teachers I have been exposed to are loved by the students and parents that I know. My daughter loves this school and she has learned so much besides academics. She has become very responsible which I completely credit her teachers for. I love how the teachers focus on character as much as academics. I am thrilled with this school! :)

R V Groves Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2013
I have two children who attend this school. One is currently in 2nd and one is in first. We have nothing but good things to say about the teachers they have had. Each year the teachers my children have had push them to excel and I have never felt that they were being pushed too hard or not hard enough.

R V Groves Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2013
My daughter attended Hartman Elementary 2012-2013 for preschool and had an awesome experience and was just as excited when she started Kindergarten here at Groves.. but so far I feel like nothing is organized. Our teacher seems like she is lost for answers when asked. The second day of school my daughter tells me she raised her hand to go use the bathroom and was denied. Now she feels its useless to even raise her hand to ask question. It could be that it is the first week of school and things can be overwhelming so we are giving this about a month longer until we decide to transfer her.

Posted August 07, 2013
My daughter enjoy kindergarten the teacher was very sweet and when she had a concern about my daughter she let me know. IN FIRST GRADE I BEGAN HAVING PROBLEMS MY DAUTHER DIDNT WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL AND THE TEACHER WASNT CONCERN AND SHE WAITED UNTIL THE LAST SIX WEAKS TO LET ME KNOW MY KID WAS A PROBLEM I TALK TO THE PRINCIPAL IT WAS LIKE SHE DINDT CARE SO DISSAPOINTED.

R V Groves Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My daughter enjoyed kindergarten through late 3rd grade at this school until the principles changed. The new principle is very nice and all but she isn't as friendly and interactive with the students as the first principle was. The schools teachers for all grades are excellent and I love the math camps they did for 4th grade to prepare for Staar. My daughter enjoyed going here for the most part and adored her teachers there as well. I loved being able to come to the school and volunteer also, this school is one of a kind.

Posted October 31, 2012
Groves Elementary is awful. My child's teacher is very polite and very well-educated, but it seems her hands are tied as she does not have the support she needs from Groves leadership. The Principal is so concerned with how the school rates overall that she refuses to repair issues at the core. She would rather report the symptoms of an issue to the parent and not validate the parent's concern and willingness to address the issue once its reported. Aside from the teacher, I dread having to interface with any of the staff at this institution. They are rude, belittling, judgemental, unapologetic and intimidating. My child is bullied here and the staff ignores it. The staff bullies me, too. It makes me sick.

Posted August 30, 2011
My child had 5 wonderful years at Groves. She loved each and everyone of her teachers. She worked hard to keep her behavior clip on green and to get the best grades she could, and was received several rewards throughout the years and upon graduation. I feel confident that they have armed her with the tools she will need to have and educational successful year in Middle school and beyond.

R V Groves Elementary School
P O Box 490, Wylie, TX  75098
Last modified R V Groves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.