Public charter
Alpine, UT

Posted May 14, 2014
My school is awesome! I have gone there my whole life and I am in the seventh grade. I never wish to go to another school. My and my peers embrace new friends, and I recommend it!

Posted February 10, 2014
Mountainville is a great school. The Leader in Me program is incorporated throughout the school. Kindness and leadership attributes are emphasized, and students write and produce a fabulous "Leader in Me" program each year. Also, I am pleased with the academic challenge Mountainville provides my children. Mountainville believes in a more individualized approach to education. At our previous school, the pace of the math instruction provided little challenge for my kids. Everyone in the class moved at the same pace. However, at Mountainville, my kids are able to progress faster and definitely feel challenged. The first hour of the day, all elementary students break into math group (both my kids' math groups have about 10 students). I'm amazed at the progress both of my kids have made in math and also reading. Classes are about 24-28 students with an aide in each classroom for half of the day. I volunteer in my children's classes each week and I'm impressed with both of their teachers. Generally the kids seemed well behaved and my children have made good friends there.

Mountainville Academy 2

Posted December 19, 2013
Parents with children that struggle (academically or behaviorally) gravitate toward Mountainville because the students can take classes below grade level. This is great if your kids are having difficulties, but it does create an environment with higher-than-average behavioral problems. Also, the principal can be heavy-handed at times.

Posted January 26, 2012
My daughter attends the Jr. High. She has really enjoyed it. Classes are 15-25 kids and her math class is 10 students. Mountainville offers honors classes and my daughter has really enjoyed the extra depth that these courses have provided. The Jr. High teachers are very accessible and helpful. All but one have been excellent. We decided on Mountainville because the public Jr. High seemed to offer little challenge for the students who are smart but didn't test into the G/T program. Mountainville has proved to be challenging (but not overwhelming) and is giving my Jr. High student a great education. There are also a lot of nice kids at the school and my daughter has made some great friends despite transferring to the school in the 7th grade.

Mountainville Academy 1

Posted December 13, 2011
We spent 2 years on a wait list trying to get into the school. While we were on vacation early this summer we got a phone call saying we had been awarded a spot & had 24 hours to complete our paperwork & pay our fees to hold our spot. I called several times & could never speak to anyone and left several voice mails. Finally someone took my call and as I tried to explain our predicament she sighed and said there was nothing she could do, except transfer us to someone's voice mail. I asked to speak to the school director and was told she's too busy but I could leave her a voice mail. I then asked to speak to another administrator and was told that the only person in the office was a business manager who was not an employee of the school. He actually took my call, although he acted very put out that he had to speak with me, only to tell me that there was nothing he could do for me since he wasn't an actual employee of the school then he sent me to the same voice mail I had left several messages on. The next day we got a call saying our spot was given to another student due to a non-response on our part but we could appeal or go back on the wait list. Simply an awful experience.

Mountainville Academy 3

Posted August 31, 2011
This school is now changing their reading program AGAIN. They have done away with reading groups altogether. Students will be on their own for most of reading. Students move around from teacher to teacher starting in first grade. My child has 6 class changes a day. A high ability child will do fine, but other students struggle. Teachers can't answer questions about your child because they see so many in a day. The original plan for this school's curriculum was better than what its become.

Mountainville Academy 2

Posted July 14, 2011
best school ever! amazing. awesome. incredible. I highly recommend it. i highly recommend it if you have a child smarter then their grade level. Its awesome!

Posted July 01, 2011
We were at this school for 2 years before being transferred out of state. Our children LOVED their teachers and loved going to school each day. I was impressed by their Saxon Math program. The Core-Knowledge Reading program was fabulous. Each child worked on their own level and moved to different groups to challenge them every day. The values that are taught at this school are very unique. My children were so happy and pro-active. We really enjoyed our time here and are very sad to leave.

Posted March 24, 2011
This school is fantastic! My children LOVE going to school and I love how they are learning to be leaders and the focus given to the 7 Covey Habits. I would recommend anyone that is looking for a choice in education to check out the Leadership Hour that is given each month. You will be more than impressed! Great curriculum, awesome teachers, and great values make this a superior school.

Mountainville Academy 0

Posted February 20, 2010
It has been such an honor working at Mountainville Academy the past two years. This year with the implementation of Leader in Me and great staff, students, and parents, our school culture is finally starting to positively take shape. I am looking forward to all of the good that will come from MVA in the years to come!

Mountainville Academy
195 South Main, Alpine, UT  84004
Last modified Mountainville Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountainville Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top