Bad
Good

Posted August 23, 2014
I am both a parent and teacher at Odyssey Charter School. All four of my children have attended or are currently attending Odyssey. I am very pleased with the education they have received. The curriculum is well laid out and builds from one year to the next to give them a well rounded knowledge base. I love the Music and Latin programs because they are so well taught and enhance the education my children receive. Because I also work at the school, I see first hand how dedicated the teachers are to providing the best possible education and learning environment for my kids. They work long hours to make sure everything is just right. They also keep me informed about what is going on in the classroom, what is coming up so I can help my kids be prepared, and any individual concerns and accolades regarding my kids. My favorite thing about Odyssey is the positive atmosphere within the school. The current administration is so supportive and the staff really work together and collaborate to make things run smoothly.

Posted June 16, 2014
This school has been a great solution for my kids. We have kids that read very early and grasp concepts very quickly. This school adapts to their level and over a Christmas break with a little extra effort my son jumped up into the advanced Math. He was borderline at the beginning of the year and was starting to get bored. After that we didn't hear complaining about math again because it was challenging again. Another advantage we found is that they teach Latin. We though this was odd at first, but after having our oldest start learning Latin it is amazing to see him pick apart the signs with the different languages whether they be in Spanish or french because they are Latin based languages.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted September 29, 2013
The curriculum is pretentious when it isn't infantile. Older kids are quizzed on phonemic sounds and not allowed to choose books they can actually relate to. Just another corporate charter school. Avoid at all costs.

Posted May 29, 2013
This website needs to be updated. Odyssey is now a K-6 school, and Mr. Schellhouse (sp?) is the director, with Mrs. Garrett as the assistant director. My child has gone to Odyssey for 2 years now. He will be entering 2nd grade and I could not be happier that he goes to this school. His kindergarten teacher was amazing, his 1st grade teacher not so much. However, when I spoke to Mrs. Garrett about my concerns she was very welcoming and WANTED to know my input and assured me they were working with the teacher to fix things ect. She was very reassuring. Also, this school is very fast to get things done. My son has always struggled with reading, he tested a bit below benchmark and within the week they had him in an extra reading class with a reading specialist to help get him back to where he needs to be. I also really like that they have so many after school clubs/activities for the kids. My son loved Art Club, and has done the school play. I am excited for my daughter to start Odyssey next year, I feel so blessed that my children can go to this school. I also love the class sizes no more than 25 kids a class, and every class has a teacher and an aid.

Posted July 31, 2012
We have LOVED our experience at Odyssey! The staff and teachers really care about the students and helping them to succeed. There is great communication with parents via conferences, weekly emails from the teacher with lesson plans attached, etc... My daughter has ADHD and they have been so helpful in getting her to learn and do well in class and in communicating with me. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable. They spend a lot of time on the curriculum and making sure the teachers have all the necessary training. It is true there isn't much homework, which I love, just what they didn't finish in class and monthly book reports. The philosophy is work the kids hard and school and then they can play when they get home. I don't feel like there is a lot of "busy" work and they are exceptional and working with students at all different levels. My children learn a lot more than their neighborhood friends who attend the local public school and my children LIKE school a lot more. Never had a problem that couldn't be solved quickly. The transparency is great for parents who want to be involved and know what is going on. Best choice for our family.

Posted February 21, 2012
I love it! My kid loves his teacher, the director and everybody who works there. My kid is in kindergarten and he already knows about Christopher Columbus, kings and Queens, already knows how to read and do math additions, subtraction, typing etc. Great school!

Posted April 04, 2011
My son has been at Odyssey for 2 years now. It has been amazing. The teachers, students, parents, administration, everything has been great. The communication between parents and teachers is always amazing, and I love how they use Core Knowledge. The teacher to student ratio is fantastic. Great school!

Posted February 09, 2011
My 4 kids are attending Odyssey, and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers they have are FENOMENAL, my kids are advancing at their own pace, but they are way ahead of children in other schools on the same grade. The teachers really worry about the students, wonderful Special Education Program, you always know what they are learning because of their websites and the emails the teachers send to the parents, really helpful staff, and a great group of parents-volunteers, really involved in the education of their children. We haven't had a single bullying problem in the whole 5 1/2 years we have been attending the school. JUST GREAT!!

Posted May 24, 2010
Odyssey has been a great place to educate my 3 children. They have great educators who really care about the success of the students and are always trying to improve. My kids have regular access to a music program, computer lab and organized PE activities (including my kindergartener). The facility is clean, organized and friendly. The staff is friendly and caring. I LOVE Odyssey charter school.

Posted October 30, 2009
We have been at Odyssey for four years. We Love Odyssey!! Break out groups allow my children to progress at their own pace. My 2nd grader is in a 3rd grade reading and Math class and my 4th grader is doing 6 grade math and reading. The teachers are amazing! Parents are always welcome. Not sure which Odyssey this other review was talking about. My kids both have P.E, access to computers, as well as Music. (Band is also offered) My kids Math and reading test scores are well above national and state scores. Odyssey is an amazing school!!!

Odyssey Charter School
738 East Quality Dr (700 S0, American Fork, UT  84003
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.