American Fork, UT

Posted July 25, 2013
We love Legacy Elementary! We are looking at moving to a bigger home, but we will only look in the Legacy boundary. The teachers and administration are excellent!

Legacy School 3

Posted July 07, 2009
I attended Legacy from 1st to 6th grade. I'm sad to say that there is more than a little room for improvement. Now that I've moved on in my education, I've found that I learned very little at Legacy that was useful throughout Junior High and Highschool. I had excellent teachers in 5th and 6th grade, who went outside of the math curriculum to teach us long division and multiplication. The math program was horrible, the problems I had as young as 8 my parents couldn't figure out, including my mom who was once a teacher herself.

Legacy School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
I have two students that currently attend Legacy and a Kindergartener starting this fall. I have been very happy with Legacy and all the teachers my children have had. I feel lucky to have my children go to such a great school with a very friendly, helpful staff.

Posted February 27, 2009
I think that this is an excellent school! I have 2 children that go here and love it. I disagree with some of the other comments made about this school. The teachers and principal are caring and have great communication with the parents. Just by looking at the Utah test data, Legacy's scores are above many schools throughout the state. In many areas, students are performing above 90 percent proficiency. That has to say something about the academic and physical climate of the school. Also, the principal is always visible to parents and students alike. I have nothing but positive to say about the school. Yes, the school is overpopulated; however, but they are handling it very well. The extended day model really helps my children because they get small group reading instruction. Many schools do not even offer this kind of small group support on such a crucial subject.

Legacy School 4

Posted February 15, 2009
This scool, overall, is a great school. I have three children here and they all enjoy their classes and love their teachers. The principal is very involved and in my own personal experience he has been very caring and 'hands on'. I have the highest regard for all of my childrens teachers and think that they are top notch. The classes are large, but that is all over Utah. My daughter has had a problem with bullying and her teacher has responded quickly and appropriately to help the situation. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because I feel that the curriculum is not as challenging as it could and should be. Being new to Utah I definately see a system that is behind academically. Schools are 'fun' (as they should be) but way behind other places when it comes to curriculum. My kids are not challenged here.

Legacy School 2

Posted July 29, 2008

Legacy School 1

Posted October 14, 2007
This school is painfully overpopulated with students. The size also contributes to a rampant bully problem. The quality of the teachers is mediocre at best. There are a few gems to be sure, but they are vastly outnumbered by sub par (tenured) teachers who seem to have no affection for children and no understanding of how to encourage a love of learning. They are further burdened by a school district which has insisted on using math programs that the teachers are unable to teach effectively and/or are completely ineffective in and of themselves. My daughter attended this school from 1-6. She is currently in highschool. We found the education provided her did not prepare her success in jr high or in high school. Supplementation at home (at the very least) is required to meet your children's needs.

Posted August 07, 2007
Legacy Elementary provides art lessons in the individual classrooms. In my class proper behavior is taught, expected, and evident as is true for most of the school. The school has a character ed. program and focuses on a different trait each month. The Pumpkin Walk celebrates great character traits. We do have crossing guards and crosswalks. Homework varies, but each grade level assigns homework. In second grade spelling, math, and reading homework assignments are given regularly. Parents are free to communicate by email. The district email had some problems last year but that has been resolved. Each student is given a homework folder that has the school website address as well. Parent support is high with many volunteering on a weekly basis.

Legacy School 2

Posted March 27, 2007
This school lacks a lot of things to benefit the children's education. They have limited to no extracurricular activities for the children. They do not offer Art. They have very limited technology equipment or programs. The children are not given guidance in proper behavior or language use, which also needs to come from the parents. There is no individual time for the students with there teacher. They have too many students per teacher. There are no crossing guards or school zones. Not enough homework given. Not enough communication with parents about student progress. No email communication from teachers. Its available but they don't use it. Maybe that is why they don't teach technology. Overall, it is a typical low funded school in a nice neighborhood with too many children per teacher.

Legacy School 4

Posted May 20, 2006
Great School/Teachers! I think classes have too many kids per teacher about 35 kids per class. Music (after school)is only for the 5th/6th grades. There are lots of things kids do all year. Like x_mas programs and so on. Parents can be as involved as much as wanted. I found it hard to find a place to help because there were so many parents doing everything already. The Principal is very tough and set in his way of thinking. I found some kids he didn't discipline when needed and some he was way too hard on when not needed. He's very unfair in his treatment with parents and many teachers. The school itself is big on not bullying for the most part it works. Parent of 2 and Teacher at this school.

Legacy School
28 East 1340 North, American Fork, UT  84003
Last modified Legacy School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top