K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We love the moral/principled education that our children receive. We also appreciate that the school doesn't take any government funding and does not participate in Common Core. There is a great sense of community at the school and wonderful families to associate with.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

It is clear to me that the leadership of the school is not only interested in the success of the student body, but knows each child by name and is interested in helping to develop each students' individual strengths as well as to help eradicate each students' individual weaknesses.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers we have had have each been primarily motivated and concerned with each individuals students' success and have been very flexible in addressing the challenges of each student individually. This is in stark contrast with our experiences at previous schools.

Amount of homework: Agree

I believe that some homework is appropriate, and I find that the homework assigned has not been busy work, but work that actually furthers an educational purpose.

I have been a parent at the school for several years now, and greatly appreciate the emphasis the school puts on actually teaching the students the academic subjects at a very high level, while concurrently reinforcing the moral principles that I am seeking to instill in my children. The culture is one of integrity, where the students and faculty are engaged and accountable to each other and to the parents. I have never felt like an intruder in the classroom, and have never felt that the teachers were at odds with me. Rather, I have always found the teachers to be seeking ways to partner with me for the betterment of my child. I have also been impressed with the culture of kindness and respect I have seen among the student body itself. I certainly believe that there is no place better for our family, not just my children.

The School carefully balances high expectations and high love. The administration and teachers know and care about each student. There are many opportunities for students from a variety of athletics to musicals, student government, creative writing, journalism, chess, ballroom, photography, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many teachers are warm personalities with high expectations. I have found this is a magic combination for inspiring my children's learning and performance.

American Heritage School is a model school. My family has participated in and considered several schools over 16 years. We have been at American Heritage School for the last 8. I have not seen its equal in educating hearts and minds. The faculty, administration, and staff share methods and goals in a unified way across grade levels and departments. My children have been nurtured by loving teachers, mentors, and administrators. I feel supported and validated in the academic and moral goals I have for my children. The school offers my family practical strategies, information, and tips every year that improve our family life in positive ways. The principal (Mr. Beckwith) is a visionary leader with excellent communication skills. He has established a very helpful and effective administrative team and staff. The students at the school influence and inspire my children to be good. It is for these reasons and more that we thank Heaven for American Heritage School on a daily basis. It is truly a great school!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The schools leadership is friendly and very good at communication. They lead with vision and example. The culture is one of Christian character, faith, patriotism, community, gratitude, and excellence. The school enrollment and excellence has increased as a result.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school's honor code is understood and respected by students and employees. Students are friendly and accepting of new students. Swearing, bullying, and other troublesome behaviors are not acceptable. Administrators and counselors help train and correct students with a Christian perspective. Student behavior at the school focuses on Christian service and community building.

Last modified American Heritage School is a Private school that serves grades K-12