Bad
Good

I have been a student here since kindergarten. It is such a good learning environment. There are great kids here, and since there aren't many kids, you feel like you fit in somewhere and you know everybody. I totally recommend this school because I have had the best time. The teachers really care and want you to learn and to progress.

This is our 5th year at North Star Academy, we have 4 children that attend and we LOVE IT!! I like the small school feel with only 25 students in each class and two classes per grade. The teachers are exceptional and I feel that my children are being challenged on a daily basis. They test the kids and move them a grade level ahead in Language Arts and/or Math if they are ready. The school is hard to get into with thousands on the waiting list, but it is worth the wait! There is a lot of parental involvement, fun after school activities but the number one thing is how much they are able to teach the children. My husband and I have considered moving closer to his work, but we have decided against it because we did not want to take our kids out of this school. I can not say enough good things about it. I'm very grateful to the dedicated people that had the vision, did their research and set up such an excellent charter school. Our family is blessed by their effort. Go NSA!

We have had children there since it was opened. Bottom line, better education through better teachers and parent involvement. Daughter was bored with Riverton High due to having to take classes that reviewed what she learned in 9th grade. Son was below grade level in Herriman elementary and now is beyond grade level for 9th grade.

This school is amazing. I have been involved in many elementary schools, and this is, by far, the best. North Star Academy has nothing but hard working teachers and staff members that truly care about the students. The positive atmosphere is unbelievable.

Great School! Great curriculum, atmosphere and teachers!

Last modified North Star Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.