Bountiful, UT

Adelaide School 5

Posted May 14, 2013
My three children have attended elementary schools across the country. From the Midwestern to the Southeastern United States, we have experienced multiple elementary schools. My family has never seen greater commitment to our students than we have found at Adelaide. We have knowledgeable, dedicated teachers that make themselves easily accessible and customize curriculum to a child's level and ability. They provide challenging problem-solving assignments and engage the children in valuable liberal arts education with the opportunity to participate in fantastic stage and theater productions. The community really identifies with this great school. Families of students, and even retired neighbors, donate valuable time augmenting our childrens' experience. We have been so pleased to be a part of the Adelaide Family and know our children will be well-prepared in their future academic pursuits as they have developed a love of lifelong learning and problem solving.

Adelaide School 5

Posted May 12, 2013
We have attended this school for 5 years with with multiple children and have really loved this school. This school has many talented, hard working teachers who really care and put all their effort into helping children and teaching. My children love participating in the education enrichment programs that Adelaide offers. Adelaide has a great SEM program, they host a constitution bowl every year, history fairs, science fairs, multiplication bees, spelling bees, poetry fairs, the 5th grade puts on an intricate patriotic program, art night, etc. Every year Adelaide puts on a major musical production that includes 2 casts of 100 students each. The PTA is very supportive. I had the opportunity to compare this school to a nearby charter school. This school had a lot better facility (playing fields, playgrounds, cafeteria, interior lockers for the children, not waiting for a train to pass, etc.) The teachers at Adelaide do not turn over as quickly as the charter school teachers. The educational environment at Adelaide is super supportive and not politically charged by less experienced parents trying to run a school.

Adelaide School 1

Posted February 07, 2012
My son went to this school in the 3rd grade. We couldn't leave this school fast enough. When he brought home a spelling list to work on during the week, I noticed that one of the words was "and". I assumed they were just reviewing words. I went to a parent/teacher conference the next week and when I asked if they were reviewing words, the teacher told me that they weren't--that "and" was just a word that the kids in the class misspelled constantly! I was appalled! 3rd graders couldn't spell "and"?! She then tried to cover her tracks by saying that ALL the 3rd graders in all the classes had trouble with that word and so it wouldn't make a difference if he was transferred to another class. Another time I went on a field trip to "Walmart"(!) with the class and noticed my son was bored. I commented on his lack of enthusiasm to the teacher and was told, "That's the way he acts in class all the time. That's why I haven't put his name in for the Gifted & Talented Program". My son was 8 years old and reading at a 8th grade reading level, stuck in a classroom of kids who couldn't spell "and". Of course he was bored out of his mind! He went to a different school the next year.

Adelaide School 3

Posted April 01, 2011
I have had a child in school here for the last two years. We've talked to a lot of other parents and it seems like what you get is a grab bag. There are some good teachers and others who are not. Unfortunately we've had a first year teacher who isn't doing a great job this year. The leadership of the school sends out a monthly newsletter and it's nice to hear from the principal. There is a music teacher who I think is doing a terrible job at teaching, and a good job at showing movies. The parental involvement seemed good the first year when the teacher was organized and asked for help. This year I think I am one of three parents who help out. As far as the academics, I haven't been impressed. My child is intelligent and has a quick mind, yet struggles with her attention wandering. I know it's a challenge to teach that kind of student. But not only is there no differentiated instruction happening for any child in this class, there are no extra programs available to help her either. The gifted school starts children in third grade but there is nothing available to children who are younger or who don't go to the gifted school. There is a resources and an ESL program here.

Adelaide School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It has teachers that really care in it.

Adelaide School 3

Posted January 05, 2005

Adelaide School
731 West 3600 South, Bountiful, UT  84010
Last modified Adelaide School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adelaide School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top