Bountiful, UT

Posted July 29, 2013
About the school: Sunrise Montessori School has been serving the families in Bountiful since 1999. It offers its services to children ages 2-12. The school is fully licensed with the State of Utah and goes through an inspection twice a year according to the rules of licensing. We have continuously satisfied the standards of cleanliness, safety and professionalism, allowing us to keep our center open and running in optimal condition. We offer an authentic Montessori experience to our children and they blossom academically and socially. Through their interactions with the environment, our children become excellent readers, (some as young as three), great spellers, and develop exquisite penmanship. They develop solid Math skills and are introduced to Science, Geography, History, Art, etc.. Subjects which they are free to explore through the abundance of materials placed in the shelves in their classrooms. A Spanish lesson introducing new vocabulary is part of the daily routine. The success of our children is due to the well organized presentation of learning materials and the teachers' knowledge of the children's learning readiness. We invite you to visit us anytime.

Posted September 02, 2012
My two boys have attended this school for about six years each. I have been impressed by what they have learned at the school. They worked on all the basics, math, science, English -- and both my boys were reading by the age of 4. I know this was quite an accomplishment for my eldest, who really struggled with academics. I was impressed by some of the subject matter, such as cellular structure, the constellations and Shakespeare to name a few. The staff also genuinely cares about the welfare of the children there. And although, no school is perfect, this one provides an excellent opportunity for children to really learn, and not be occupied with busy work. I appreciate what has been done for my boys. Thanks Sunrise Montessori School!

Posted June 01, 2012
The teachers are involved, respectful, understanding, and help the children succeed. My child gets distracted easily and the teachers have worked on helping him focus and redirect him in a positive way. I have seen improvements at home as a result. I like the atmosphere this school provides.

Posted February 10, 2012
My son has attended this school for two years. He has learned so much and has a great time doing it.

Sunrise Montessori School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
My child had mysterious bruises on two seperate occasions that were only explained my inadequate incident reports, that had no date and time when the incident occurred. My child is 4 years old and entered the school knowing how to write her name. The class curriculum did not introduce spelling for 3 months into the semester, and barely brushed on it. Spanish is the major focus of this school The "Teachers" are not teachers they do not have degrees, barely high school diplomas. The Owner is the only teacher which allows the Day-Care to operate as a school.

Sunrise Montessori School 2

Posted January 26, 2012
I took my child in this place and was highly disappointing. "The philosophy let children learn at their own pace" encourages them not to try, the children learn at their own pace, which is fine if you have the teacher to support each child's ability. This facility does not, therefore children are left sitting, unlearning, unattended, while the "teacher" thinks the children are just learning at their own pace. Children crave structure. If your children like to play house instead of trying to learn than this is the place for you them.

Sunrise Montessori School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
My first impressions when I sent my child to receive an education was positive until the 2 weeks went by and there was no homework even assigned. In fact after talking to the teachers there was no work to be done at home ever which also left me sideways impressions. The previous year at JA Taylor public, she always had homework improving her education. I thought it was funny that a year later and now I'm PAYING for an education no education seems to be found here. I took my child out and enrolled into a more challenging educational atmosphere.

Posted August 22, 2011
I have been reading some of the reviews and I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my son enrolled for 3 years before he started Jr High. My son learned more in those three years than a friend of mine who had her child at a public school. The intimate setting and small classes gave him a lot of one on one. The freedom to learn at his own pace did wonders. I want to thank all the teachers and the owner of Sunrise Montessori school. They are loving, kind, and patient.

Posted August 20, 2011
I went to sunrise montessori when I was a child, I also taught there about a year ago. Using the Montessori method, this school enables the students to learn at their own pace while gaining a rich, hands on education. They are not limited to learning the basics such as math and reading but those who I've seen attending the school have excelled in those areas. With reading especially I have been amazed at the comprehension level of the children. For example, they learn to read and understand shakespeare. One thing I love about this school is that the children are not just learning but they are also learning to LOVE to learn. That was my experience as a child and I feel that going to this school gave me a great appreciation for education. I can't wait until I can give my son this rich education that Sunrise Montessori provides.

Posted July 05, 2011
I love this school, they have been so great with my 2 children. My kids have learned so much in the year they have been attending. The teachers are wonderful.

Sunrise Montessori School
43 South 200 West, Bountiful, UT  84010
Last modified Sunrise Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Sunrise Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top