1,054 students|Iron District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I would'nt recommend this school for anyone's child unless your friends of the principal,vice principal! Corrupted school many things hidden from parents and a very unprofessional staff of teachers. Another very in organized school with a vice principal that is given a little to much athority. Instead of adding gas to a fire how about using some water to defuse situations with your students and listen to what they have to say instead of your staff!!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are some "good" teachers at CVHS; they are hindered I believe by the administration.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I admit that many of Canyon View Middle School teachers seem to give more, even excessive amounts of homework; CVHS does not appear to give out an exorbitant amount of homework. Nevertheless, I believe that any homework is too much. The countries with the best public schools on the planet: France, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and more rarely give homework. The idea is that students do not learn effectively this way. Homework is a teacher's way out of teaching. Rote memorization or busy work does not educate

CVHS is the epitome of what is wrong with the school system in the USA. There are a few teachers that care about teaching; however, the majority are in a state of constant posterior pecking in order to keep their jobs. That is especially true for classified staff. The upper levels of administration (who will remain unnamed) are grossly incompetent, over-compensated, and should retire for the common good. The athletic department supports coaches that are more wed to archaic fraternity style traditions rather than more progressive methods of athletic training. The students in Iron County tend to have much of the same cultural clicks that their parents hold. As a Cedar City resident, I wish I could honestly give CVHS a shining review, sadly the truth binds me.

Poor sportsmanship, abusive language and deportment. While attending a basketball game, I witnessed some of the most offensive behavior by your student body. Chanting rude cheers, taunting and generally acting like idots. (This incudes your cheerleaders.)

Good overall school. The kids make the school, hope there will always be a good group at CV.

I am still attending CVHS and plan on graduating in May 2008. And I have to say that this school is the best I have ever been to. I enjoy the teachers, students, and the administration. The are all interested in the best for everyone. All our teachers enjoy what they teach and are experts in that subject as well.

Seems we can't get any reviews from parents. I'm afraid I'm another student. I attended CVHS for three and a half years before dropping out. Am I a moron? Not in the slightest, having scored excellently on my GED, ACT, SAT, and am now attending college. I just couldn't STAND being at CVHS anymore. The school facilities are great but the curriculum is severely lacking. We were learning things in my Junior English Class (Honors) that I had learned if fifth grade in the Arizona school system. In my time there I never once met our principal. Upon leaving the school I found out my prinicipal was in fact female, though I hadn't known that before due to lack of hands-on administration.

Having attended Canyon View High School for over a year I think that I truly know a lot about the school, and the truth is that I would never recommend it. The teaching quality, for the most part, is low and unless you are amazing at sports don't expect to be treated equally or even well by the faculty or administration. The students are very unkind and it takes a toll on ones self esteem, again, that is unless you are a great athlete. If you are thinking about attending Canyon View, don't! Find some other means of education, because, I guarantee you will regret your decision if you do go to CVHS!

Last modified Canyon View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.