1,017 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2013
I love this school it's so close to my home and my daughter made a awesome friend there. My whole family loves it ! Thank You!!!!!

Posted March 08, 2012
The previous comment about a teacher not adapting to this person's so called "gifted" child is untrue. If that child is gifted, then they can test into a gifted class called A.L.L. Maybe this child took the test to try to get into the gifted program but didn't actually score high enough so that is the true reason this parent is unhappy...

Cedar Ridge School 1

Posted November 09, 2011
I was absolutely appalled by this school's inability to adapt to my child's gifted needs. We moved from another school, which had eagerly adapted assignments to my child's ability. I was ASSURED that the the assigned teacher would use the staggered schedule to accommodate but I quickly learned that was not going to happen. I couldn't get any response to any of my pleas, so each day my child came home bored and discouraged. I began providing alternate instructions for homework assignments but 7 hours of boredom is still 7 hours of boredom. I volunteered many times to help in the classroom, but I wasn't taken up on my offer. All around disappointing experience. We quickly moved out of the school district and we're incredibly happy with the choice we made.

Posted March 16, 2011
What a wonderful school! My child has been there for two years and has loved it. He is a little shy but has flourished at Cedar Ridge. The teachers each year have allowed him to do extra presentations and bring in a pet or object to show to the class. This is very much appriciated as it has really helped my student adjust and grow. The other students seem to enjoy it as well :) I am thankful for the care and attention of both teacher and principal to the kids needs.

Posted June 28, 2007
I have Enrolled at Cedar Ridge since 2000 and I think it is a excellent school. Since K-5th Grade I have had the same principal he managed the school well. Now in 6th Grade my new principal will be Susan Mattinson. This school is safest in whole district. Whole Valley!

Posted February 09, 2007
The parents at Cedar Ridge elementary are very involved and will help with anything. I have been very impressed with the PTA and all they do for our school. The teachers and staff are very friendly and competent in their areas of expertise (just look at the test scores!)

Posted May 24, 2006
My children really love Cedar Ridge. The teachers genuinely care about our children. The Principal is wonderful, very caring and well organized. He really cares about our children and treats his teahers very well. And he takes a lot of time with teachers before hiring them and only chooses the best. The school is immaculate in cleanliness. The education is great. The teachers are so open and willing to help in any way they can if you have a propblem.

Posted November 21, 2005
We currently have 2 children attending Cedar Ridge. We have been very pleased with the competency of the staff. We are also pleased with the quality of education that our children receive. Also worthy of noting, we have noticed that this school is more organized than past schools we have attended. There is even a special person in front of the school in the morning and afternoon, to make sure the children cross safely(in the drop-off area). This is above and beyond the regular crossing guard, that is expected. The principal is very well seasoned in his experience, and the children love him! Most of all, we enjoy the genuine concern the staff has for the children, and the caring environment they provide for them!

Posted November 13, 2005
Cedar Ridge Elementary School is a excellent school overall. It has great principal, great teachers (with very good academic performance and very kind). My daughter LOVE this school! I will send my another daughter there very soon. Hope all the kid have such wonderful quality education opportunity national wide over United States...

Cedar Ridge School
4501 West Cedar Hills Dr, Cedar Hills, UT  84062
Last modified Cedar Ridge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.