Clearfield, UT

Posted August 14, 2014
Hill Field was a good school for my kiddos. The teachers were very involved and interactive with the students. With that said, the classes were full beyond capacity and the teachers who went above and beyond were obviously overwhelmed at times. In Kindergarten there were several students who needed extra attention and it would have helped if their parents would come to help every now and then as the aid had her hands full as well. We all work I know, but we as parents need to put forth the time and effort to volunteer and support our kids even if it is for a class party or to read to the students during circle time. With as many students as there were in the classes I volunteered for, there should have been way more parent involvement. It is a collaborative effort. Our teachers need our help, it's an extremely important job! I understand our moms and dads can be gone at times due to deployments and TDY, but whenever they have the free time they should be spending it at the schools!

Posted June 10, 2014
My son attended here for kindergarten and first grade. He had amazing teachers both years. The low Great Schools rating that Hill Field received is in no way indicative of the safe, quality school environment that we experienced. My one concern was the lack of parental involvement. I feel that being a school with mostly military kids, more parents would be involved, sadly, many were not.

Posted March 13, 2014
we moved here in the middle of the year and we are very pleased with how welcome the staff was, they made my daughters transition smooth. PTA is great about informing everyone about upcoming events and looking or ways to involve others.

Posted October 03, 2012
I loved hill field from pre k-3rd grade and i miss them so much and so does my brother josh Sincerly,Jaeden White

Posted March 29, 2012
My child is just finishing kindergarten and we love Hill Field. Mrs. Moore is a great teacher with much experience, a good, caring attitude and patience. The Principal and other staff there are great as well. Not as much parental involvement as there should be.

Posted November 01, 2010
Thanks to the efforts of the PTA, parents, and administration, Hill Field Elementary just added a second playground structure! This is their 4th playground improvement since Dr. Bryner's arrived at the school 8 years ago (expanded playground area, 1/4-mile walking/running track, 7 exercise stations, and now a second large play area/structure with 4 slides, monkey bars, fun wheels, stepping stones, huge climbing net, and a climbing wall. The PTA, parental support of school fundraisers, the school district, and grants acquired by the administration funded the last two improvements. This school has great families, teachers, coaches, tutors, and support staff that are focused on helping students achieve. Attendance for parent-teacher conferences is between 96-99% every year. We are grateful to have parent and base (HAFB) volunteers throughout the school each day (lunch room, tutoring, classrooms, and for evening events). Visit the school's web site for more information.

Posted July 03, 2010
We moved here in January 2010, so my 2 school aged children have attended Hill Field for the last half of the school year. The teachers they had both seemed very removed from communicating with parents. Both teachers were great with the kids, especially my son's 3rd grade teacher, Mr. E. I think the school gets an unfair rating based on the fact because it is a school with a high turnout based on the fact that a lot of the kids that attend are from military families, and a lot of the parents either work or are tdy, which accounts for lack of parental involvement. I believe the school is great academically & I believe Hill Field is a GREAT school. The only improvements I would suggest is more open communication between teacher & parent, a bigger playground that will address the amount of children that attend this school.

Hill Field School 0

Posted August 14, 2009
My daughters are both attending Hill Field. The school is great. The principal, Mr. Bryner really cares about the children and always has time to listen to the parents.

Posted August 24, 2008
My son attended Hill Field's first year of all day kindergarten and loved it so much he's excited for school this year. However, we've moved and will be attending another school in the district. I feel I've made a mistake about not getting a variance for him to attend Hill Field again. Mrs. Moore is one of the best kindergarten teachers. . . she kept me up to date with everything and Mr. Briner is just the best Principal for the school.

Hill Field School 1

Posted August 13, 2008
Teachers and faculty have no idea how to communicate with parents

Hill Field School
389 South 1000 East, Clearfield, UT  84015
Last modified Hill Field School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hill Field School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top