North Davis Jr High School

Public | 7-9

Posted December 5, 2012

North Davis is the best ever. Our Musical Department has grown and improve so much. Yes, there are rude people, but if you let the school know, they will take care of it ASAP. Especially if it is bullying. NDJ has GREAT teachers, they are very felixible to met your needs. Best school in the district :)

Posted February 11, 2012

NDJ is Awesome! I love the school. There is a wonderful staff and a lot of fun extra curricular activities you can do. For example, there is MESA, SOPE, Chess Club, Program Care, Peer Support, and many others. All in all NDJ is the best school.

Posted January 15, 2012

NDJHS is the worst school in Utah. As a former student I was bullied everyday. Everyone kept calling me "Afro-Head" because my hair was short and very curly, one classmate even asked if I had a stapler in my hair. I kept going to the principal's office, I literally cried and begged my parents to let me stay at home, my parents even went to he principal to stop the bullying; but nothing was done about it. When my family and I moved overseas (military) and I got tranfered to another school, I had to see that school's therapist every week until I went to high school. I 150% recommened against sending anyone to NDJHS. Its a nightmare turned into reality.

Posted January 28, 2011

At times it can be tough to teach at North Davis, but very rewarding. We have an amazing variety of students here, and we try to learn a lot together, and have some fun along the way. The kids here are friendly, and easier to get to know than some places I have taught. Almost every single instance of parental interaction I've had has been positive and cooperative -- the community has been pleasant to work with. And I feel like the teachers here really care, or we wouldn't be here.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 13, 2010

As a former student, I consider the time I spent going to NDJHS (7th-9th grade) the worst, unforgetable years I've had to endure since I began receiving a formal education - and I have masters degree! My classmates were rude, crass and low class. There was no commaraderie, unless you belonged to the right cliques or were members of the predominate religion. Kids bullied other kids on a regular basis and fights were as common as what you'd see on the reality prison TV show, 'Locked Up.' The administration was hypocritical and really didn't give a damned, save for a select few. Because of the poor quality of education I received there, I had A LOT of ground to cover when I transfered to a private HS with a rigorous college prep program. I would not recommend this school to ANY parent if you want to avoid such a scholastic nightmare!

Posted February 18, 2010

As a parent of a current and past NDJH students, I believe that the staff and students are rude and have no sympathy for children who attend there whom receive special education services. I have witnessed students bullying and harassing each other and cussing in the halls.I have also heard of the many fist fights that take place among the students on a weekly basis. I also have friends who dislike this school due to the fact that the school administration does not handle bullying and harassing of fellow students seriously. I have heard and experienced that the students at NDJH are some of the rudest, disrespectful children I have ever seen. I would not recommend North Davis as a place of learning.

Posted June 26, 2009

This school is just down right amazing! The teachers and staff are a delight! Go North Davis!

Posted May 3, 2009

I really like my school because of the wonderful staff the teachers down to the lunch ladies they are just so nice !! Only they give you to much homework!

Posted May 1, 2009

North Davis is a very misunderstood school. There are many rough kids here, and kids who are not accepted other places. North Davis' faculty really cares about these kids. There is a feeling of tolerance there. The Drama Program is wonderful. The after school program is the best I have seen. There is a strong emphasis of letting the kids be leaders. They are doing a great job of turning our kids into tomorrow's leaders... Jr. High is usually a horrible place. This one leaves kids wanting to go back. Weird, huh?

Posted April 30, 2009

My student has been at this school a year. The teachers are very good at what they do. The teachers all know my students name and are looking at for my students best intersest. I will admit that there are problems but I substitute in the same district and find basically the same problems at every junior high I have been to so it is not a one school thing. My student has been able to be on the high honor roll the entire time while participating in some wonderful extra curricular activities.

Posted January 30, 2009

The school is taken care of decently but the kids inside don't care about the school at all. You hear and see fights, cussing, and kissing all through the halls. The teachers are decent but overall not a good school.

Posted February 22, 2008

When I first began attending North Davis Junior High I was very excited. The school was shiny new and obviously taken care of. The staff was friendly enough and I had no larger problems than any other teenager; too much homework. However, as I've recently discovered, the employees are both rude and ignorant to their own policys. While they inforce only some rules they 'stongly enforce' others. Not to mention you only become aware of certain rules after you break them. They have no tolerance for such circumstances. All in all, after nearly a year I have formed the strong opinion that, though the building itself is a wonderful place/sight, the employees are under trained and unequiped with the necessary patience that is required to handle teenagers of this day and age.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

346 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2013.

348 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

343 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

358 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

n/a

n/a
Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

353 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

346 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 56% in 2010.

Pre-Algebra

The state average for Pre-Algebra was 67% in 2010.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 82%N/A48%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Nurse(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

Health & athletics

• Nurse(s)
  • Gym

• Nurse(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator

• Drama

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

835 South State