685 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

The title 1 preschool teachers and the speech pathologist are the 5 stars of the school. The preschool is not even run by the elementary, they just use the space through davis school district. My child laerned so much while receiving specail needs education here for two years of preschool, i could never thank them enough. The elementary is an entirely different subject. The pick-up is insane and draining. Parents regularly smoke on property, double park, drive the wrong way (even the principal waved at us while driving against the posted signs and traffic), and the children are poorly monitored. The high school and junior high practice for football, right next to the platground, shirtless and flex their muscles at the elementary kids as they are leaving school. No matter what i said to the office staff, principal, and school district nothing changed! They have a security for the kids added, no older kids or adults allowed in the building with out a pass from the office, but it was abused daily and teens and adults alike would roam the halls. it is a sad excuse for a school.

This is a wonderful school. My son just finished kindergarten this year, and he scored amazingly well on all of the DIBELS testing they require. He has learned a great amount of information academically, and has gained a lot of new social skills from this school, and from his wonderful teacher. We were SO blessed to have Mrs. Hutchison as his first teacher, she is truly an INCREDIBLE teacher, AND person. I would recommend her class to ANY one who has a child starting kindergarten. The only problem I have with this school is the end of the day pick-up procedure. It is a total mess, and takes entirely too long, which is the only reason I gave the school four stars instead of five.

I wouldn't even give this school one star. This school is terrible!!! I went here as a child and now my child goes here, and it is just awful!! I am trying SO hard to get him into another school! Most of the children that go there are not well taken care of (hair tangled in a mess, clothes 3x too small, kids in winter with no coats ect....) They never have anyone outside watching the children in the morning before they go inside, and I ALWAYS see bullying. One child was teaching my child swear words in Spanish, and the same child started a fight club........MY CHILD IS IN FIRST GRADE!!!! I hate the school!!!

Great teachers, good principals. Parent involvement is not the greatest, but that depends on the parents. Some are very involved. If your student is going to Kindergarten, request Mrs. Madsen; she is the BEST!

I feel the school has greatly improved since my children had started in April of 2004. I do find we have quite a few bullies at the school. In my opinion and experience the bullies are the children of families that have moved quite a bit school to school. A lot of the bullies have been held back they are bigger and frustrated and take it out on the other children. I will say they have a no tolerence rule in the school. But I think it is unfair the child that sticks up for themself will get suspended along with the bully that torments them daily. More should be done about the bullys in the school

Last modified South Clearfield School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.