South Clearfield School 4

Posted May 28, 2014
This is a wonderful school. My son just finished kindergarten this year, and he scored amazingly well on all of the DIBELS testing they require. He has learned a great amount of information academically, and has gained a lot of new social skills from this school, and from his wonderful teacher. We were SO blessed to have Mrs. Hutchison as his first teacher, she is truly an INCREDIBLE teacher, AND person. I would recommend her class to ANY one who has a child starting kindergarten. The only problem I have with this school is the end of the day pick-up procedure. It is a total mess, and takes entirely too long, which is the only reason I gave the school four stars instead of five.

South Clearfield School 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I wouldn't even give this school one star. This school is terrible!!! I went here as a child and now my child goes here, and it is just awful!! I am trying SO hard to get him into another school! Most of the children that go there are not well taken care of (hair tangled in a mess, clothes 3x too small, kids in winter with no coats ect....) They never have anyone outside watching the children in the morning before they go inside, and I ALWAYS see bullying. One child was teaching my child swear words in Spanish, and the same child started a fight club........MY CHILD IS IN FIRST GRADE!!!! I hate the school!!!

Posted February 01, 2013
This school has great programs and teachers for those with special needs or, but the good stops there. A third of their school consists of medal trailers for classrooms outside on top of an old parking lot. They added as many as they could fit before they finally had to build onto the school, which only meant a new school office an meetin groom. Do not even think about dropping off or picking your child up from this school unless you want to park a block, or more, away. Their parking situation is ludacris and most park along the fire line curbs and double park leaving no chance for anyone to get through. School security rules recently changed, but they are not enforced. Older children from the Junior High and High School roam the halls on their lunch brakes and after school. The amazing playground they once had was bulldozed and turned into a parking lot and now their playground is shared with the park and Junior High. The school is righ off of a main road, with no school zone speed limits, and next to the freeway enterance. Their principle is a nice man and more than happy to listen to parents concerns. The children with problems do get help, but look at their test scores overall.

Posted June 25, 2008
Great teachers, good principals. Parent involvement is not the greatest, but that depends on the parents. Some are very involved. If your student is going to Kindergarten, request Mrs. Madsen; she is the BEST!

Posted August 23, 2007
I feel the school has greatly improved since my children had started in April of 2004. I do find we have quite a few bullies at the school. In my opinion and experience the bullies are the children of families that have moved quite a bit school to school. A lot of the bullies have been held back they are bigger and frustrated and take it out on the other children. I will say they have a no tolerence rule in the school. But I think it is unfair the child that sticks up for themself will get suspended along with the bully that torments them daily. More should be done about the bullys in the school

Posted April 15, 2005
My children were in the Full Time Spectrum Program, but due to lack of room for my younger child to attend the same school, we brought all three back to S. Clearfield. I do think the new principal is a great improvement. Perhaps having Spectrum at our school would bring in needed improvements. Most of the teachers my children have had have been excellent, but lack of Parent help is a big issue. In my child's class the teacher has to send out constant reminders on the same topic. It's frustrating and a waste of time for those parents who 'get it' the first time. Bullying is another big problem and I feel there needs to be more playground monitors.

Posted January 14, 2005

South Clearfield School 0

Posted January 14, 2005
The new principal is an amazing improvement. He is much more interested in our kids. The main problem with this school as I see it, is that the vast majority of these kids seem to be 'at risk'. There is more need than there is time and money to fix it. There is also a disappointing lack of parental involvement. The children who are not needy or even gifted are shifted to the side due to lack of resources. 'The squeeky wheel gets the grease' and all that. That is my main problem with South Clearfield. Thank goodness for Title One money or we would sink further still.

Posted November 11, 2003
Teachers are usually very new and inexperienced. Class sizes in 5th grade for 2003 were 30-24 students per teacher. Principal seems disinterested and very distant from actual issues surrounding the school. My daughter has attended for 2 years.

South Clearfield School
990 East 700 South, Clearfield, UT  84015
Last modified South Clearfield School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Clearfield School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.