794 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Actually- I see great things happening at Antelope. Teachers are doing well with the demands placed upon them. I see teachers form small groups for smaller learning instruction. Teachers attend training meetings and pass certain requirements for recertification. Don't forget that other circumstances are out of the teacher and school's control. For example: cold weather or other conditions. When this happens, usually the students have indoor recess, which doensn't allow the teacher a "small break" to prepare for the next activity. I also have to say that student these days are extremely rude and disrespectful to adults. Teachers spend alot of time correcting beahvior that shouldn't even take place. If anything- I would encourage parents to teach respect at home, check their backpack for missing assingments, and spend 15 mintues reading or playing a game.

This is a terrible school! In one week of school where my oldest child went to kindergarten, she learned several sight words and letters. In this school, my youngest has learned the word "the" and the letters "f, d, a, m" in almost a two week period. I have to teach him at home, after he gets out of school. He easily learned 14 sight words in two days at home, and we only worked on it for a total of 20 minutes each day. They do not engage the full learning potential of the students. There was a letter sent home informing us that they are trying to improve the school, but are not yet upto standard, but they have improved and are still trying. They included in the letter a varience form and recomendations to two other schools in the area that we could take our children to, provided there is enough room, if we are not satisfied. Or we could chose to stick it out with them, while they kept trying. How bad does a school have to be to send home something like that? Needless to say, I am currently trying to get my children into a different school as soon as possible. I only gave it one star because I could not submit the review without giving a rating.

I have three students at Antelope Elem. All of them have had wonderful teachers that have encouraged them to work to their potential. My children all score in the 90% of all areas of testing. We had many people tell us that Antelope was the worst place to go to school because of the low test scores. We find that the kids that are helped at home and have a stable background do extremely well at this school. The low test scores come from kids that are barely learning English and some from kids that are not lucky enough to have parents at home to help them if they need it. Antelope has started a program that kids can come to school early to help prepare for the standerdized tests.

Last modified Antelope School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.