564 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

We've been at this school for 2 years. My oldest has high functioning autism, and the teacher this year (3rd grade) just doesn't like him. Period. He is a happy, delightful child, but he learns in his own way. She told me that she "knows what autisim looks like, and in (her) opinion, he does not have autism!" He is struggling with the new CC math, and she is just not willing to help him. The principle and asst. principle do not care to make changes, they seem lazy and uniformed. Attending the PTA meetings, I found that they as well are not interested in parent opinions. They have figured out what they want to do and that's what they will do. Suggestions are welcome, but never used. The kindergarten teachers are awful. Last year, my daughter's teacher STILL did not call her the right name at the end of the year. She was also completely unconcerned about the cliques in the class, leaving our daughter (who had just moved in and knew no one) to be left out and ignored. The teacher nor the asst. principle were willing to do anything to change it. She hates going to school now, as does our son. We are leaving as soon as we can.

I agree with the most recent post. One of my kids has a learning disability, and qualifies for help form the Americans With Disabilities Act. They don't really help him they just do drills with him all day. I've told them what I find to help...they don't care. They don't spend their money on anything useful. Fundraisers all year but nothing to show for it, except the mountains and mountains of useless paper they waste everyday advertising MORE FUNDRAISERS!! They only do 1 field trip a year and its a lame one. People complain about Ogden City schools...Davis is by FAR the worst. I went to eat lunch with my son this year and the lady in the lunch room makes them sit boy girl boy girl while they eat, they aren't allowed to talk and if you do she screams at them, I witnessed this for myself. Then she apologized to ME when she noticed me sitting there. My son has actually told me he wants to go back to the school he was in last year in Ogden. I have yet to find one thing that I like about this school, and btw the thing that says the average class size is 16...not true..its more like 20 or more. Isn't elementary supposed to be fun sometimes? Bottom line...terrible school.

I agree that there are many wonderful teachers at this school, however, this school is NOT autism friendly. If your child is not what society has deemed "normal", don't break their self esteem by sending them to this school.

My daughter went to this school and had the best teachers. I loved the fact that they gave out the homework assignments on every Monday and they were due back on every Friday. Now I knew what my child had to do and we could set a go at our own pace kind of scedule. I loved the fact that there were no surprises every day and my child learnt better and felt more comfortable about doing there homework. My child couldn't wait to do her homework and have it all turned in by that Friday. Plus she had plenty of time for playing as well. I felt my child really and truly learnt what she needed and was ahead in life.

Last modified Clinton School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.