St John The Baptist Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2014
If there was a better option for middle school I would have skipped SJB. The elementary school is wonderful w/ an exceptional principal and caring teachers from our experience. The middle school has many exceptional teachers that bring out the best in your child, particularly the honors teachers. Unfortunately there r also a few that are inexperienced and a couple that have just lost their desire. That is normal for all schools. The good teachers @ SJB middle outweigh the bad. The administration tho is the worst of all 3 schools. It is rare to hear a child being praised for good work or great accomplishments but normal to hear of students getting punished or reprimanded. The VP criticizes students often and thinks it is funny. She is a very good honors math teacher though. Ideally, she would serve our students better if she stayed a teacher and not a VP. The Principal unfortunately is not much better and does nothing to boost morale of the school. It doesn't seem there is a lot of respect for him from the talented teachers either. Academically, SJB middle is good but unfortunately the morale is dismal due to the principal and vp. It's unfortunate.

St John The Baptist Middle School 2

Posted September 16, 2013
Very entitled community, they value money, and sports ability, nothing more. Many teachers lack experience, there are many fresh out of college. The math program at the Elementary school is simply AWFUL (everyday mathematics) and the middle and high schools use a completely different program. Worse yet the Elementary, Middle and High School principals are all related, so there's no chance anything will change until one or all of them moves on.

St John The Baptist Middle School 4

Posted September 03, 2013
We have only attended from PreK4 and have just started Kindergarten. The teachers seem nice and I love that my student has multiple special classes (PE twice a week, art, music, Spanish, library, etc.) The quality of the food is the complete opposite. Although we are not Catholic, they do an outstanding job of creating a community and parent involvement (they require 25 hours each academic year).

Posted October 24, 2012
I attend the school and I like it very much! The kids and staff are kind and the education is great! It may be considered "hard" but you will end the year learning SO much more. I definitely recomend this school!! I have seen no problem with bullying or "dinsengaged principals".

Posted October 12, 2012
We moved our son from another private school, in Sandy 3 years ago. This has proven to be the right move. Our son is excelling. His self esteem has grown leaps and bounds. I belive due to the academic, social and spiritual enviornment. I see diversity, zero tolerance for bad behavior. We are not Catholic, but the teaching of being a true christian and being tolerant and loving to all has allowed him to grow in his studies. Parental involvemt is huge here. The kids are taught to work hard for what you get. I have not seen any entitlement attitude here. Just respectful, loving, hard working students and educators. The sports are gravy. Making the school a true family. I expect my child will have great memories of his school years. I recommend this school to any parent willing to be involved and expecting a well rounded education. They seem to graduate ready for the real world!

St John The Baptist Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
My kids have attended this school for several years. I have watched the middle school and high school decline over the past 2 years. The middle school principal is disengaged and uninterested in improving the school in any way. Bad behavior is tolerated and many students have an entitlement attitude. Not what you would expect from a catholic school.

Posted August 09, 2010
We love this school! Middle School is a hard time for any student and I have no idea why a few of the reviews here are so negative. Cliques are going to happen at ANY middle school and after two years at this school, we've seen no problem with bullying. In fact, we've seen quite the opposite since bad behavior is not tolerated. My son has attended another private school and a public school in the Sandy/Draper area and this is the first school he's been completely happy with! I have nothing negative to say about this school and I highly recommend it!

Posted October 08, 2009
Great! Teacher and students there are friendly and there is a great campus.

St John The Baptist Middle School 1

Posted August 18, 2009
SJBMS is awful and i wish to never return. Bullying there is beyond belief and the teaching there is far too hard. They are unorganized and they act very unproffesional.

St John The Baptist Middle School 3

Posted June 10, 2009
The curriculum is too easy, and the atmosphere of the school is too inclusive/cliquish.

St John The Baptist Middle School
300 East 11800 South, Draper, UT  84020
Last modified St John The Baptist Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8
St John The Baptist Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top