Public charter
Draper, UT

Posted September 11, 2014
My children are getting a world class education at this school. Channing Hall is an accredited International Baccalaureate academy serving grades K-8. They have a rigorous curriculum, highly qualified teachers, safe environment, excellent communication between school and home, and an actively engaged community. Two of my children have moved on to high school. Both were well prepared to meet the educational demands and transitioned smoothly. The principal of Corner Canyon High School, Mary Bailey, said, "Across the board, Channing Hall students were not only prepared for the rigorous courses of high school, but they had honed their skills for organizing and following through. Channing Hall students adjusted well socially and academically to our new school and have been positive contributors!"

Channing Hall 2

Posted July 30, 2014
This school has good intentions but falls short. I had my kids at this school for 6 years and I put in countless volunteer hours. Our family is leaving because of the many gaps in education and the lack of organization and leadership. If you have a child above average do not waste your and their time at this school.

Posted April 03, 2014
At public school my daughter was at the low end of normal academically and so never got the extra in-class help she needed. She started slipping through the cracks and was lost in the shuffle but as long as she met the state requirements that was "good enough" and this was only 1st grade! She started 2nd grade at Channing Hall and at this school "good enough" is not good enough. Right away she was flagged as needing extra help in math and reading and got the tutoring she needs. I have seen her ability skyrocket and she is now performing above average and well above state requirements. She actually ENJOYS reading! The staff and aids have been a blessing and knew how to help her without making her feel like one of the "slow" kids. In my 9 years in public school with other children I have yet to see a principal who is so on top of teacher performance and student well-being. I love the uniforms, the teacher-student ratio, the emphasis on service projects...everything! Next year I will have kindergartener and 6th grader attend also.

Posted February 07, 2014
Channing Hall is one of a kind. I attended my 6th-8th grade years, and I have nothing but fond memories. I graduated in 2011 and quickly discovered that I was not only ready for high school in general, but also my honors and AP classes. The challenging curriculum at CH prepared me for the challenging years of high school I have experienced so far. My friends prefer to pretend that the "awkward transition from elementary to high school" never happened. I'm the one who has nothing but good things to say about my middle school experience. It made me "an agile learner who values others' perspectives and knows how to learn." My teachers at CH set the bar for educational excellence. I often reminisce about the time they spent opening my eyes to the world. I consider them the best mentors, inspirations, and friends I will ever have. I still go back to visit. Each time, it feels as though I've returned home. I received the best education from the best educators, but more than that, I was taught how to be a good person. Someday I hope to return to the halls of CH as a teacher myself, and presuming everything falls into place, my children will attend Channing Hall as well.

Posted January 30, 2014
I have been a teacher here since it opened. Many challenges and obstacles await a brand new school that is working to obtain authorization from the IBO. We go over and beyond the duties of a regular school teacher. We have over 100 hours of professional development each year. We each have a teaching coach, we collaborate regularly and we construct projects that are cross-curricular. We expose students to other cultures and other ideas that may be different from their own and encourage them to think critically. All students participate in community service. Every student (K-8) has a PE, music, art and Spanish teacher. We have a school-wide science fair and participate in the Art Inspirations program. We have sports teams for grades 6-8 who compete against other charter schools. In doing all of these things, teachers have little tolerance for mis-behavior and bullying. Kids and parents are held responsible. In this day and age when everything is everyone else's fault, parents need take a step back, find the root of the problem, which is usually at home, and stop blaming the schools. We love teaching and we want every student to succeed and become caring members of society.

Channing Hall 1

Posted January 27, 2014
We are trying to get our elementary student out of this school. I do not recommend putting your children in Channing Hall. Besides the dirty halls and classrooms, the administration, office staff and the teachers are very sub par.Our child was way ahead in a public school and has fallen behind in Channing Hall The drop off and pick up system is a joke and very unorganized. The computes are outdated and the overall experience at Channing Hall has been horrible.

Posted October 10, 2012
Channing Hall has the whole package -- caring teachers, involved parents, strong leadership, and solid character education with the IB program. They make an effort to challenge students at every ability level. Our daughters love it and we couldn't be happier.

Posted October 10, 2012
Great Charter School! Our family has been at Channing Hall since it's inception (6 yrs). Our two boys really enjoy going to school! The teachers are dedicated and go the extra mile for our kids. Parental involvement at the school and with the students is encouraged and demonstrates a commitment to doing the best for the students. The administration is dedicated to quality teaching. BUT the best thing in the school has been the atmosphere in which our boys can express themselves safely with teachers and among the peers. Everyone is excepted as they are.

Channing Hall 4

Posted December 17, 2011
My children have attended Channing Hall for 5 years. The teachers and administration are wonderful! They all work together as a team to help the children learn, grow and learn how to become a kinder person. My only complaint is how terrible the food is at lunch. My children are constantly telling me the food is very bad and they sometimes run out of various items when it is their turn to go through the lunch line. I really wish the administration would address this problem.

Posted December 16, 2011
My daughter has been attending Channing Hall for almost two years now. We love it! Both of her teachers have been fantastic and have been truly invested in her education. She is learning a lot! I love the atmosphere, the people, the uniforms, everything !

Channing Hall
13515 South 150 East, Draper, UT  84020
Last modified Channing Hall is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Channing Hall Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top