Posted March 03, 2011
I love how easily my daughter made a transition from preschool to kindergarten here. The teachers are thorough, kind and have a great open door policy! The principal knows the children's names (there are over 500 students in the elementary school)! What I enjoy the most is the community. Parents are involved! There is a lot of opportunity to be involved with the sports (even with a PS or K student)! The school encourages a well-rounded student. They provide Spanish, Music, Art, computers & PE in every grade! My daughter is thriving and I am thrilled we choose St. John the Baptist to be a part of!!!!

Posted October 24, 2010
Fantastic education, dedicated staff and an invovled school community.

Posted October 18, 2010
Our school is simply amazing. Not only are students learning the basics but we have Spanish, Music, Computers, PE, Art, Social Studies, Science, etc, etc. Our kids are getting a top notch education from a fabulous staff, as well as, a high moral standard. All this while many schools are cutting programs, and losing staff! Way to go Saint John the Baptist!

Posted October 18, 2010
Wonderful Catholic school teaching our school core values as well as a great education! We love it!!

Posted October 12, 2010
At St John's elementary school in Draper, Utah, students are able to learn all the important subjects to prepare them for college. They learn about God and having a high moral codes. Equally importantly, students are taught, respect, discipline and being honest. I strongly recommend them for this award. If we had more schools like this our country might not be in such moral decay.

Posted August 09, 2010
Don't mind the negative review from 2005, since the principals have changed. It still was and always has been an excellent school - even then. I have two students at this school, one in the elementary and one in the middle school and everything about both schools is top-notch. The students are challenged academically and good behavior is expected of them. You don't have to worry about troublemakers that disrupt the learning process. The teachers actually care about the students and get to know them. My family and I feel that we are part of a caring community. The faciltiy and resources at this school far exceed what is offered at many other private schools. We have attended other private schools and public schools in the Sandy/Draper area and I can tell you that there is no comparison. You will definitely get your money's worth at St. Johns!

Posted September 16, 2009
I have a son who has been in this school since preK4 and now is in 1st grade. The teachers that he has had have all been amazing. He has small class sizes compared to public schools. He receives lots of pullout sessions ranging from Art & Music to Spanish and PE. Most of these pullouts have been dropped at the public schools. This is an amazing school with amazing teachers, administration, and teacher aides as well as an awesome daycare services.

Posted May 29, 2009
My children have completed their 1st year at Saint John's Elementary and Saint John's Middle School. I have a 2nd grader, a 6th grader and an 8th grader. Both schools have been wonderful. My 2nd grader really loved his teacher:) and learned so much. The school does provide instruction for struggling students however there is not an offical class for gifted students. Although the SAT scores for 2nd grade showed that more than half of the students were advanced. The homework for 2nd grade was at times overwhelming. I found the middle school principal and staff to be out standing professionals. Middle school is a difficult time to move your children to a new school, they went out of their way to make sure that they not only were in the right academic classes but were comfortable socially. This is a big deal in middle school! I would recommend this school!

St John Baptist Elementary School (Pk-5) 3

Posted July 07, 2008
My children have been at the school since K and I am, in general, happy with the school. I appreciate the Catholic religious formation. I do feel that things could improve in some areas, especially in the academics. I would love to see a leveled-teaching approach to the core subjects (Reading-Writing-Math) that take students and group them by ability, not class or grade. For above-average students or struggling students, this approach would help more of them reach their true potential. I would love to see the Fine Arts (Music-Art-Dance) and Spanish and Computers become twice weekly, not once. I would not be opposed to having my kids in school for another 20 minutes a day to accommodate a more structured, extensive curriculum. I am keeping my kids at SJB for another year, to see if the improvements the new principal has made have an effect.

Posted April 24, 2007

St John Baptist Elementary School (Pk-5)
300 East 11800 South, Draper, UT  84020
Last modified St John Baptist Elementary School (Pk-5) is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St John Baptist Elementary School (Pk-5) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top