1,301 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school over all is not a bad school my daughter seems to be doing well. How ever the pick up and drop off is ridiculous there is not enough room for all the parents or students and it backs up into the main road. the other issue I have had it that there were no notices sent out for the election of the PTA members! I checked several places on there website as well as facebook page just to find out there was nothing shown to the public. How do yo have PTA without a vote!!!???? I feel as parent we all have the right to vote for who we want running this show. Also i have looked n the dress code for the school and my daughter has been told she was not dressed appropretly and that she was wearing a tank top and was forced in 90 degree weather to wear a sweater. She was in compliance and was wearing a cap sleep shirt that came to the edge of her shoulder rules say 3 finger width sleeve is acceptable I was furious when i found out my daughter was a risk for a heat stroke over this!

THIS SCHOOL WAS A NIGHTMARE! I was so relieved when we got into the local Charter school instead. They lost my son twice! Also he was really struggling academically and they seemed to overwhelmed by the sheer volume of students to really help. Those poor teachers have class sizes with over 30+ students. The principal just isn't able to address the needs thoroughly and his secretaries are rude and condescending (even when the school loses your kindergartener). It was just too much for us. This school needs a lot of help!

We love hidden hollow! Teachers = so easy to work with! Friendly, fun and awesome! Rest the staff exceptional! I was afraid for my daughter after moving her halfway through the year but the welcome couldn't have been warmer. It brings peace to my heart and conscience to send my kids here. I feel that my kids are excelling speedily. And that is jut the icing on he cake!

Hidden hollow is awesome!! The teachers are willing to help and answer any questions I have. I have nothing but great reviews for the teachers and how wonderful this school is! The staff is always super helpful. What a wonderful school. My kids are excelling and have a love for learning.

Hidden Hollow Elementary is a great school with awesome people working there from the front office to all the great moms that are always helping the teachers. One of my daughters is in 5th grade and in her classroom there are 4 apple computers available for the kids and one for the teacher. My other daughter is in forth grade and even though her class is outside in the trailers, she has the most wonderful teacher ,so, no complains either. I just wish they could have more room and a better space that is more kid friendly for their recess time. Next school year we will have a new school that probably will fix that. I hope the new school will be as good as Hidden Hollow is.

My school is Hidden Hollow Elementary. I cannot boast enough about the friendly staff, the teachers, and the families that attend this school. The school is always clean and orderly. Students always seem to be guided to their destinations with adult help and classrooms seem very orderly. Pickup/Dropoff are a challenge but most parents are aware of the challenge and are mindful of each other. Ms. Despain for fifth grade would have a shrine in our home if we could! She is that amazing. Take it from me, this is the school to be at!

Pick-up and drop-off at Hidden Hollow is a complete joke. I'm really surprised nobody has been hurt during these times. People PARK their vehicles perpendicular to actual parking spaces thus blocking in cars wanting to leave. I've witnessed parked cars blocking handicapped spots well over a dozen times. I suppose handicapped drivers don't deserve their parking spaces. Drivers don't obey the arrows clearly marked on the parking lot. They will turn left in a "right turn only" lane just to leave earlier. I couldn't leave today because a perpendicular parking mother had me blocked in. Just because an accident hasn't happened doesn't mean everything is fine. I have contacted the school before regarding this matter and I have been basically ignored.

My kids have attended Hidden Hollow for several years, and I volunteer regularly. The principal and teachers have been nice, and seem dedicated. I feel the teachers aren't as effective as they could be due to large class sizes, and inadequate programs to deal with developmental delays & behavioral problems. Each year I've seen the 2-3 kids per class with issues take up a disproportionate amount of the teachers' time, disrupting class, and hindering learning. Other issues I notice are lack of on campus options for gifted children,(they change schools to be in an appropriate class, perhaps a district issue;) a lack of adequate supplies,(limited copy paper per grade, not enough/broken copiers, die cutters, laminators, etc; at the beginning of the year, the teachers ask for donations of basic items for their classes. I assume they pay out of pocket for what they don't recieve.) No one directs traffic at drop-off/pick-up times so the parking lot is a mess with people double parked and kids darting between cars. It's amazing no one gets hit. Over all, this school is average, and most of its issues are out of the staffs ability to control based on funding and state or district policy.

Great teachers and parent involvement. We have had a great experience since it has opened.

Principal is very friendly and kind to all the students. The school is new and very nice. The staff seem to be mostly new but very friendly as well.

Last modified Hidden Hollow School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.