East Layton, UT

Posted August 28, 2013
We love East Layton Elementary! We've attended this school for 4 years and have had awesome teachers every year! There are a few who could retire but the majority of them are very good educators. Our daughter was accepted into the spectrum program and we passed it up because of the fantastic teacher she will have this year. The community/parent involvement in this school is phenomenal, helping with extra funding for school enhancements and activities. The only problems we've seen with the school is the parking/driving situation and the walking track. They've promised solutions, but never followed through with them. They really need to come up with a plan for the parking lot. The other thing that was promised was a walking track that we have yet to see.

Posted July 25, 2013
We had a great play and choir last year. They are trying to start a language club next year. Parents are very involved. Most of the teachers are awesome.

Posted June 05, 2011
We love East Layton! We have a great community and faculty. Makes for a great combination!

Posted June 05, 2010
I couldn't be happier with this school and the teachers. Both my children started here in kindergarten and both were qualified and accepted into the gifted/talented program--and it's NOT because I work with them at home. It's the loving teachers and awesome principal who have made this school an amazing place to be. My children couldn't be happier or more eager to learn!! I'm very glad I chose my neighborhood school over the private schools.

Posted November 19, 2009
My children have atended East Layton for the past 6 years and they love it. Even with cutbacks from the school district, East Layton has made up for the them in other areas. The school has a high rate of parent envolvement and extra activities that encourages Spanish, Math and Reading. The PTO has raised enough money to have the children go on field trips. The teachers are caring and supportive and listen to the concerns of the parent. Every year the school has a questionaire and addresses the suggestions and concerns that are written. I personally have witnessed a few changes that I and my children have suggested. That makes me feel good as a parent that my concerns and suggestions are addressed.

Posted November 16, 2009
Love the principle, the teachers and the staff. Have not had one concern in the 3 years my son has been going there. They have worked with him on each subject and level that he is on, not what the class should be at. he is excelling academically! I have him in a private school before deciding to put him in e. layton. - e layton far beyond meets my expectations. communication is great!!! The parent volunteer rate is very high. not sure if some of the adults are staff members or parents - it is wonderful!

Posted July 18, 2008
East Layton has been a great school. We moved to the area before having school-aged children. We feel fortunate to have picked such a great area and wonderful elementary school. We have had great teachers for our children. Most parents at the school are very involved and the extra curricular activities are great. My child participated in the school choir and hopes to be in the ballroom dance program next year.

East Layton School 4

Posted October 24, 2006
East Layton is your average elementary school. There really is not a lot that they have that other schools don't have. The only difference is parent involvement. Parent's are the one who can really affect how the outcome of a school is and what kindof experience their child has!

Posted November 26, 2005
I love East Layton Elementary. The principal, teachers, and office staff are excellent. Our children have attended the school for almost three years, and we have had nothing but positive experiences. The extracurricular activities hosted by the school are great, and many teachers and staff donate hours and hours of their time to make these learning activities enjoyable for both students and parents. Parental involvement at East Layton is high, and most parents are very involved in their student's academic success. Many families move to this area just to be in East Layton boundaries. I think the school is great!

East Layton School 2

Posted July 20, 2005
Whilst East Layton Elementary has state of the art facilities in its computer and math labs, the atmosphere of the school is disappointing. The principal can be dismissive at times when approached with concerns, the office staff are unfriendly and whilst the majority of teachers are excellent, there are some that are not up to standard. There is a strong lack of communication which becomes frustrating to the parent who has not had a child in this school before or in this school district. The peacebuilder program is over used and leads to children being unnecessarily labelled. Questions by parents should be welcomed and not regarded as an inconvenience. Unfortunately changing schools is not an option for our family right now, if it were, I would remove my kids from this school because I believe that others in the district are much better.

East Layton School
2470 East Cherry Ln, East Layton, UT  84041
Last modified East Layton School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Layton School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top