592 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

East Layton Elementary has been a great school for us so far! We came here from Europe 2 years ago and our daughter spoke no English at the start of the school year. The teacher allowed me to stay with her in class for the first 3 weeks, in order to help translate. The staff and children made her feel welcome and in no time, she learned the language, made friends and now has excellent school results. She has had 2 outstanding teachers the last 2 years, who inspired learning! We appreciate the positive spirit in this school. The kids learned to play the ukelele in music class last year; they learned a lot about The Lewis and Clark trail of discovery (the history theme throughout the year in 3rd grade); did an interesting 'brine shrimp' class experiment; an educational, hands on measurement project,... Great library teacher too!Just an all-round good place to be! We are very happy our youngest daughter will now also be able to go to first grade here. She went to a private preschool and kindergarten, but we are confident she will thrive at East Layton!

East Layton Elememtary has an Excellent Special Education Team. The teaching staff is supportive of student IEP plans. Teachers work hard to help children with special needs feel like part of the general education classroom. I'm very impressed East Layton. My children will have a lot of happy memories of elementary school.

My daughter was put in a class of 38 students to 1 teacher for her first semester of 1st grade. Before school started, we went to look at class lists and noticed her teacher's title was "staff." They should have found a teacher prior to the actual start of the school year. What they did instead, was divide the "staff" class between the other 1st grade teachers. My daughter was put in a class with 37 other students and was taught by one teacher for half day and another the other half. Then switched after Christmas break, when they FINALLY hired someone. She is now in 2nd grade and in a class of 29 students to 1 teacher. In Kindergarten, my daughter was assigned a teacher, then changed 2 weeks into the school year. This year, they offered "space available bus applications," after they reduced the school bus routes. I know of only one family who was approved. We were not. My barely 7 year old has to cross the road 6 times JUST to be able to stay on the side-walk during the 1.1 mile walk to school. Terrible school. I can't decide if it's the administration at the school or if it's a district problem, but I'm quite certain it's administration at East Layton because I did not have ANY problems when my older children attended Clinton Elementary. I also find it odd that last year, the student government was chosen by faculty/administration and consisted mostly of students whose parents were in the PTO. East Layton Elementary is terrible.

Develops character: Disagree

My 6th grader applied for Student Government last year. She came home and said that faculty/administration chose. Oddly, most of the Student Government chosen happened to be daughters of PTO members.

We love East Layton Elementary! We've attended this school for 4 years and have had awesome teachers every year! There are a few who could retire but the majority of them are very good educators. Our daughter was accepted into the spectrum program and we passed it up because of the fantastic teacher she will have this year. The community/parent involvement in this school is phenomenal, helping with extra funding for school enhancements and activities. The only problems we've seen with the school is the parking/driving situation and the walking track. They've promised solutions, but never followed through with them. They really need to come up with a plan for the parking lot. The other thing that was promised was a walking track that we have yet to see.

We had a great play and choir last year. They are trying to start a language club next year. Parents are very involved. Most of the teachers are awesome.

We love East Layton! We have a great community and faculty. Makes for a great combination!

I couldn't be happier with this school and the teachers. Both my children started here in kindergarten and both were qualified and accepted into the gifted/talented program--and it's NOT because I work with them at home. It's the loving teachers and awesome principal who have made this school an amazing place to be. My children couldn't be happier or more eager to learn!! I'm very glad I chose my neighborhood school over the private schools.

My children have atended East Layton for the past 6 years and they love it. Even with cutbacks from the school district, East Layton has made up for the them in other areas. The school has a high rate of parent envolvement and extra activities that encourages Spanish, Math and Reading. The PTO has raised enough money to have the children go on field trips. The teachers are caring and supportive and listen to the concerns of the parent. Every year the school has a questionaire and addresses the suggestions and concerns that are written. I personally have witnessed a few changes that I and my children have suggested. That makes me feel good as a parent that my concerns and suggestions are addressed.

Love the principle, the teachers and the staff. Have not had one concern in the 3 years my son has been going there. They have worked with him on each subject and level that he is on, not what the class should be at. he is excelling academically! I have him in a private school before deciding to put him in e. layton. - e layton far beyond meets my expectations. communication is great!!! The parent volunteer rate is very high. not sure if some of the adults are staff members or parents - it is wonderful!

Last modified East Layton School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.