Farmington, UT

Eagle Bay School 3

Posted December 08, 2012
My son is in the Spanish immersion program at this school. We signed all the paperwork and turned it in the day we found out he got in. When we went to back to school he was not assigned to a Spanish immersion class. I asked the principal about this her response was "well, I thought it might be better to wait and see." She wouldn't even explain what she was waiting for. (You can not get into Spanish immersion at a later date easily. It almost never happens if your child isn't in K-1) My husband called to complaine because we had rejected an opportunity at a great charter school because of Spanish immersion. Now I know that the kids in this program have some of the lowest reading scores. I tutor the kids that are behind. The principle raves about the reading volunteers, but fails to mention the LDS church has requested volunteers because of the low test scores. It is a church calling and is organized by those church members. I really like the teachers my kids have, the failure is solely leadership. The only good thing about the leadership is that the Vice principle is kind and makes up for some of the principals short comings. I'm giving 2 stars just because of the vice Principal.

Eagle Bay School 0

Posted December 02, 2009
Fabulous school! You can't go wrong with whichever teacher you get, and the immersion program is amazing. I couldn't imagine a better school to send my child to.

Posted June 25, 2009
Eagle Bay is the best school ever! I've gone to two other great schools in two other states, but this one is the best. I like Eagle Bay because all my teachers were great, the schools programs make learning more fun, and you can always find a nice friend.

Posted December 24, 2008
My daughter is in first grade and she loves it. Teachers and staff are kind and caring and easy to communicate with. My daughter is doing Spanish Immersion which means that half of her instructions are in Spanish. This is a wonderful program and we are really lucky to get in. I wish more schools would offer language immersion programs.

Posted February 27, 2006
My daughter loves it. We recently moved here form California, she found the schools there to be crowded and uninterested in the children. They were more focused on the learning rather than the teacher getting to know the kids in the class. Her new teacher at Eagle Bay took the time to find out her strenghts and really was able to connect with her, at her level. The overall classroom atmosphere is outstanding.

Eagle Bay School
100 North 1933 West, Farmington, UT  84025
Last modified Eagle Bay School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Bay School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top