Grantsville, UT

Grantsville Jr High School 4

Posted June 04, 2009
I am a Grandparent Raising a child with a few dissabilities, and have read the 3 reviews on this web page. I was astounded by the review by Angela Buchanan, at least, until I noticed the date. My student is in Special Education, very small in stature, and needs extra help with developing both academic and social skills, etc. Whenever any problem has arisen, the school has been right on top of taking care of it, and also keeping me informed. I had promised him I would do Home Schooling next year, because I am now retired, but I am reluctant to remove him from a caring atmosphere and his friends. I will of course honor my word, unless he agrees to the reversal. At any rate, if I pull him out, it will not be because of any school short-comings.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted March 25, 2009

Grantsville Jr High School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
I was raized with this school, and boy has it come along way the eduaction is much better then when I attended, more class choices, and many rewards for the kids who do well. They offer tutoring on tueday and thurdays which had helped my daughter a ton. Teachers seem to be eager to conect what ever way they can. I like it.

Grantsville Jr High School 4

Posted August 05, 2008

Grantsville Jr High School 5

Posted January 13, 2008

Grantsville Jr High School 5

Posted May 30, 2007
This school is OK. There are very good teachers. There are plenty extracurricular activities at Grantsville Junior High. They parent involvement is on a scale of 1-10 a 4. I would say over all this school is good. If you move to the neighborhood I would recommend GJHS over all the other Junior High. Alisa Surine

Grantsville Jr High School 3

Posted April 10, 2007

Posted April 29, 2005
This school is a joke. I have a very sick child and you cannot even get the administration there to help at all with getting her work ready every week. Whenever you ask them anything or even suggest they should spring into some action, they have an excuse. 'The ball is always in someone else court... We are not accustomed to such a lack of interest in academics. Donuts in the teacher's lounge are more important than meeting with parents. Science class is an old video of Little House on The Prarie. My child's education is being left in the hands of people who seem only interested in doing as little as possible, and collecting there small checks. If you are moving to this area, prepared to find an alternative to public school.

Grantsville Jr High School
318 South Hale, Grantsville, UT  84029
Last modified Grantsville Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grantsville Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top