Bad
Good

I am a single mom who has to work to support her children, I do not have the luxery of staying home with my kids and running them all over. I moved to grantsville last year, but this will be the first year my kids have gone to the schools in Grantsville and I am extrememly disappointed! The staff and Teachers have treated me badly. They have made me feel because I have to work all week 8-5 that I should be more envolved. When I went to parent teacher conference, some of the Teachers never even read the child's IEP, and made her feel like a failure. I really hope they step up their game and make it right, I'm so ready to transfer my kids out of the Grantsville schools so they can get an education they deserve.

I am a Grandparent Raising a child with a few dissabilities, and have read the 3 reviews on this web page. I was astounded by the review by Angela Buchanan, at least, until I noticed the date. My student is in Special Education, very small in stature, and needs extra help with developing both academic and social skills, etc. Whenever any problem has arisen, the school has been right on top of taking care of it, and also keeping me informed. I had promised him I would do Home Schooling next year, because I am now retired, but I am reluctant to remove him from a caring atmosphere and his friends. I will of course honor my word, unless he agrees to the reversal. At any rate, if I pull him out, it will not be because of any school short-comings.

I was raized with this school, and boy has it come along way the eduaction is much better then when I attended, more class choices, and many rewards for the kids who do well. They offer tutoring on tueday and thurdays which had helped my daughter a ton. Teachers seem to be eager to conect what ever way they can. I like it.

This school is OK. There are very good teachers. There are plenty extracurricular activities at Grantsville Junior High. They parent involvement is on a scale of 1-10 a 4. I would say over all this school is good. If you move to the neighborhood I would recommend GJHS over all the other Junior High. Alisa Surine

Last modified Grantsville Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.