1,321 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

The principal is always thinking of the students first. The office staff is caring and knows the students. They have great teachers.

I recently came from a school in Layton where I was the PTA president for 2 years. I loved the school my children came from. I knew the principal and all teachers very well. I was very sad to leave. Upon enrolling my children at Butterfield Canyon Elementary I was presently surprised with the office staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I was able to email back and forth with the principal concerning the needs of my children and he was quick to respond. The teachers we were assigned were outstanding in helping my children cope with the mid year change of school. We have now been with the school for two and a half years and we still love it there. There are many great programs going on at the school. There are great teachers! There is a great PTA that does a lot for the school and children. And the principal is one of the best! You can see him outside each morning making sure the children are safe at they enter the school. He participates in all school events dressing up and supporting the kids. You can even find him in the lunch room during lunch sweeping up the floor and cleaning up after the children. He is great! The school is great!

We moved here a few years ago from Seattle and I was anxious to see what the school would be like after coming from an award winning school. I am thrilled to have my kids go to Butterfield! I have also become involved with the PTA and in my children's classrooms and so I know first hand how dedicated the staff and teachers are. The teachers have always been responsive to my children's needs. With so many choices to either home school, do private school, or the public charter school in the area, I extremely glad to have my kids in Butterfield Canyon. The key is to get involved and be supportive of education. This school encourages parent involvement, the child's academic, social and character growth through the 7 Habits program. The teachers bend over backwards to help my children excel. The ALPs (accelerated program) is at another school but I know that my children are challenged here and I like the community connection and feel. Public education is alive and strong at this school!

BCE is a great school. The dedication amongst office staff and teachers goes above and beyond. My kids are so happy here and that is so important!

I have never worked in a school that is so committed to students. The principal and staff study new research and programs and implement the best methods they find. Students here do not get the same old stuff. Teachers work hard to help each child improve. The community is terrific, also. Parents are constantly in the school assisting and improving their student's education.

my oldest child is now in kindergarten so i honestly have limited experience with schools but so far I have been happy with the school. I also know a couple of the teacher personely of the older grades and know what kind of teachers they are and am looking forward for when my children can be in their classes.

Last modified Butterfield Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.