Posted September 08, 2014
My son went to PH Jr. High from 6th - 8th grade and is now attending 9th grade at the High School. He has really enjoyed the learning experience here. The teachers actually listen to the kids and tailor things according to their interests. For example, in PE, rather than only having the typical soccer and basketball, they will have the opportunity to try out some less common sports based on their interests. After all, physical education can be accomplished through many different means. My son loves to write and his first year attending, one of the teachers allowed them to form a Book Writers Club that met after school once a week. He is more engaged in his own learning with this more adaptive approach to education. He is excited to be able to earn an IB diploma and we all feel that will give him an advantage after high school.

Posted June 22, 2013
I have four children and they area currently attending Providence Hall Elementary and Jr. High. The environment that Providence Hall sets into their school is refreshing. They try to keep fun in education. I have been very pleased with the education they have received. My oldest son has ADHD and the counselors and teachers at the school have been so great to work with me. My son excelled this year in school for the first time in his life. I love Providence Hall!

Posted June 21, 2013
My four children are currently attending Providence Hall Elementary and Jr. High. These two charter schools are a clear step up from their past public schools in Ventura County, CA and Riverton, UT, with the primary benefit being a higher adult/child ratio. So far their teachers have been motivated, positive, and great communicators. They seem willing to put in extra time when one of our children are struggling, and the IB teaching method seems to bring a welcomed focus and consistency. One the other hand, like all of the other public schools we attended, it is very much a public school that encourages mediocrity and shuns competition. Children in single parent families are going to be severely disadvantaged here: Our children come home with a huge amount of work every day, and they are clueless about what they have to do. We spend hours every day teaching our children the basics... it would almost be easier and more effective to home school them. Obviously, like all public schools, there is very little time actually devoted to education. For a public school in Utah or Southern California, Providence Hall is probably among the best. As a cure for public education? No way.

Providence Hall
4795 West Mt Ogden Peak Dr, Herriman, UT  84096
Last modified Providence Hall is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Hall Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top