Herriman, UT
Students enrolled: 1,093

Herriman School 3

Posted August 08, 2014
Previous to this school, my children attended a nearby charter school. I pulled them out over a year ago because the homework was 1+ hr a night & my kids began to hate reading and learning in general. That was before Common Core took effect. After over a year now at Herriman Elem., I have found that the education is WAY below the charter school. As an example, Kindergarten at the charter school had my child learning addition of money, identifying parallelograms, and spelling words like "chin, have". At Herriman, 1ST Grade, they teach 3 + 7 and spelling words are "mad, sad". Homework at Herriman Elem is light: 5 -10 min a day + reading. As for the administrators, I agree that the front desk ladies tend to be "clicky". As far as teachers, some are great and some aren't. In 2014 an extra school was built and now there is only 1 teacher per grade at Herriman Elem. (one 3rd grade teacher for A track, one 3rd grade teacher for B track, etc). So if you get a crappy teacher, you're stuck all year unless you can convince the principal to change your track (unlikely) Lastly, if you aren't Mormon the other kids will spread the word and playmates on the playground will drop dramatically.

Posted July 01, 2014
I went to register my 2 children at Herriman Elementary. The front office staff was very rude and unhelpful. I was floored at their behavior. I even spoke with the principal and she was just as bad. I would never allow my children to go to a school with such an uncaring staff. If you love your kids and send them here. Just hope they have a good teacher because the main office staff is not going to be kind to you or your children.

Herriman School 2

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is a mix feeling for me, some teachers are great and some are not. I thought that the school could have done better with students who have special education needs. They could have been more receptive.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have three children currently attending. While there are some wonderful teachers, the few rotten ones spoil the whole bunch. The administration lacks caring, backbone and follow through. We had hoped this would change with a new principal, it has not. It has gone from bad to worse.

Herriman School 5

Posted August 15, 2013
I have two students at Herriman Elementary and they love their school. The teachers work hard at making a safe, healthy, productive learning environment. The new Principal really cares about the students and takes the time to get to know them and their needs. The community is lucky to have a faculty that cares so much about student achievement.

Posted October 10, 2012
This school can use a new and improved Principal! He has anger issues and should not be dealing with Parents and students. The only bully I witnesses in the school was the Principal! Shame on him...

Herriman School 2

Posted May 16, 2011
We had to transfer our two students from this school because of bullying by a faculty member. The issue was brought to the attention of the administration more than once with no results leaving us with transfer as the only option. Our experience was not a good one with this school.

Herriman School 3

Posted January 04, 2010
I honestly have a hard time rating the school as a whole. I have some children with wonderful, amazing, hardworking, positive teachers. Some other classrooms are negative and I don't feel that children are able to succeed academically. I have also been aware of parents and teachers leaving the school for others in the district hoping to find a better administration.

Herriman School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
They have an excellent curriculum. Similar to what most private schools have, great teachers, and there is a sense of mutual respect among most of the teachers, students, and parents alike. They are truly dedicated to the success of our children.

Posted September 21, 2009

Herriman School
13170 South 6000 West, Herriman, UT  84096
Last modified Herriman School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herriman School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top