1,448 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

This school is great! There is a great band program, great staff, great schedule, the only downside is the tardy policy. Other than that, THIS SCHOOL IS AWESOME!!!

This school is amazing! It's been an amazing experiance. I don't know what my middle school life would be like had I not gone here. I highly recommend it. The only thing that is keeping it from getting a star up from me is respect issues. Many of the students here do not respect me or the teachers making it hard to learn and have a good experiance. One of my highest issues has been a problem around the school lately. Kids have been putting pictures up of North Korea's Supreme leader Kim Jon Un, in display cases and what not. I find it very offensive that there are youth here soluting this man in the hallway and thinking he is a good person. Other than that its certanly worth it to come here!

My son is a seventh grader at this school and has had a terrific experience so far. The teachers have been excellent to work with, and the orchestra program has been amazing!

This is the worst school ever. I transferred into this school for a fresh new start. The moment i got there they went over alot of rules, NO JERSEYS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS It was due to gang issues. My first few days where not to good. Within the first 4 months i switched schools. WHY? because the teachers and staff was horrible. One of the two front office ladies was soo rude and had a bad attitude. I will never be returning to this school again. I hope the school is reading this review right now and are looking into the horrible teachers and front office lady.

i hateeeee this school. I have just read all of the reviews and I'm almost 100 percent sure those reviews where submitted by the staff to make there school look like the best.

I am currently a ninth grader at this school. The staff/faculty is amazing. The students have awesome values and personalities so I have always felt safe here. The counselors are amazing and are always there to lend a helping hand. If you are having troubles picking a school to send your seventh grader to. This is that school. It's kid friendly, has amazing teachers, awesome principals, safe environment, and tons of friends to go around! I can't imagine a better junior high than Mountain Ridge! :)

My daughter has had a wonderful experience at Mountain Ridge. We have found the teachers to be excellent and the principal to be professional and responsive to parents. The students that she has become friends with all seem top notch. We feel lucky to be able to attend such a great school!

I am a seventh grader and the teachers are all friendly and helpful, the school is laid out easy with a,b,c halls and so forth.It is clean the food is good the only downside is you can't have backpacks in classrooms or halls you have to have it in your locker(which is roomy) But it isn't THAT BAD! Really you get used to it. I love this school! it is the best hope to see you there! :)

The teachers of this school are generally very kind, helpful and do their best to provide their students a quality education. However, I do not think that the principal is up to the job. She allows bullys to disrupt the classroom and intimidate other students with no real consequences. The parents of these bullies (who are often very outspoken) generally have their way and, I feel, end up bullying the teachers and essentially running the school.

Last modified Mountain Ridge Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.