2,358 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

I love Lone Peak High School! I have 2 children that are currently attending the school. I have been so Impressed with the prinicpal, Rhonda Bromley she is dedicated to the success of each and every student at the school. Both of my kids have many teachers that personally know them. I can tell that they genuinely love teaching and as a parent, I am grateful. The academics, the athletic program, and the extracurricular opportunities are the reason we built our home in the Lone Peak boundaries. Thank you teachers and administration for making Lone Peak High School somewhere I am proud to send my kids :) -Heather Osmond

The academic programs are extremely competitive, there are so many AP classes and some of the students take about 4 AP classes a year. Some of the teachers are awesome and others are difficult. I was a good student in high school and an above average student compared to the state but in Lone Peak I ranked close to the bottom. The sports at LP are very competitive to get into and if you haven't played that sport since elementary school good luck getting in. The choir program is huge almost every student sings in the choir, the orchestra is pretty relaxed, drama is good depending on the students and the band director is good but again it depends on the students. No one 'fits in' at Lone Peak, you're either popular and lazy or smart and a hard worker, it be what the school wants you to be you have to be popular, intelligent, hard worker but relaxed, smart and be happy all the time. High School always sucks.

Lone Peak is a decent school for academics. It has little to NO religious or ethnic diversity. In order to "be different" at LP you have to party or do drugs. I had an OK experience there but I would never send my kids to High School there. The number of suicides that have come from that school are absolutely shocking and devastating. As a former Knight, I would want my kids to go to a school that gives them a wider scope of the world and all the different religions and cultures it has to offer!

I have one son that gratuated from Lone Peak and another son at Lone Peak. We have found Lon Peak to be a very outstanding school. My son took many AP classes and passed the AP exams. He also scored very high on the ACT exam. He struggled with learning prior to going into high school.

I attended Lone Peak for my entire high school career and I would have to say it was pretty disappointing. If you click one tab over from the reviews and look at the Test Scores and Stats you will see what I mean. If you want your child to do well in anything math related (engineering, science, etc.), Lone Peak (or Utah for that matter) is not recommended. I had straight A's throughout high school and then I entered my first year in college and got a C in my first and second math class. I had to spend hours teaching myself basic math because the program at Lone Peak was completely inadequate and way too easy! There were some awesome teachers though, especially the photography and physics teachers, they showed true interest in their student's education. Lastly, the academics were definitely placed well behind the athletics. The school had a "world class" weight-room but a completely understocked and underfunded library when I was there. For any student interested in doing a little research and study on their own, Lone Peak was not a very accommodating school. In summary, math was weak and liberal arts were strong. Many kids go to college with scholarships but lose them very fast!

My oldest two boys went to Lone Peak and both were accepted into BYU. I couldn't be happier. They loved Lone Peak. It is an exciting atmosphere of high enthusiasm. The school is beautiful. Inspiring quotes are painted on the hallway walls. The kids are clean cut and smart. It is a safe, pleasant environment of learning. I've attended graduation ceremonies twice. The amount of money received for college scholarships is dizzying as is the percentage of kids who get accepted into good colleges.

We couldn't be happier with this school. The academic standard is very high, and there is a spirit of value for all students that seems to be missing from many high schools. I have yet to encounter an unreasonable staff member. Everyone from teachers to administrators to students to other parents will bend over backward to help. I feel my daughter is so very fortunate to get the many excellent teachers in her education, (like, English Shauna McPherson, Mathematics Vicki Lyons, Biology Robert Louder and History Scott Birrell) indeed a luxury at most public schools these days. There is an overwhelming sense of pride among the students, staff and parents. We are so fortunate to be a part of this fabulous school!

We moved in from California this year and have been extremely impressed by this school. The majority of the teachers are quality educators and have tried hard to help our kids in all aspects of their education. Mr. Rees and Mrs. Wright are wonderful human beings that really do care about the kids, but also care about what the kids learn in their classroom. These are the kinds of people I want my children to emulate. I struggle a little with the administration, but my kids hardly interact with them, so we are thrilled to live in this area, and to have our students graduate from Lone Peak.

Lone Peak is the best thing that has ever happened to me. If you are an optimistic person you would be able to see all the great things about it. The teachers are great and they are willing to help whenever they need to and the students are so spirited and nice I LOVE IT!

I am entering my Junior year at Lone Peak and I love it! The teachers are great and the principals are very involved with the students. Also, my counsoler Mrs. Page is amazing!

Last modified Lone Peak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.