Posted December 19, 2013
Highland Elementary is the highest-rated school in the area. The teachers and principal are top-notch. Strong parental involvement. The Advanced Learning Lab (A.L.L.) program is amazing.

Posted November 10, 2011
We moved here out of state when my oldest daughter was in 4th grade and we have been thrilled with the response from teachers, parents and the principal. I have one daughter still at school and 2 more starting soon. We would be heartbroken if we had to change schools. I also love the early morning music program at the school my daughter and several of her friends are light years ahead of their peers because of this opportunity.

Highland School 3

Posted September 20, 2011
Four of my children have attended this school. Two still attend. There are several fabulous teachers here, but many of the great ones tend to leave and end up being replaced by mediocre teachers. Two of my children participated in the ALL program here, and I completely agree that it is not beneficial--no broader education/exploration--only more homework. The principal is completely "anti-parent," so if you end up needing to work with him, count on having to switch schools--because he absolutely will not consider a parent's opinion. I firmly believe that I should have some say about the situation my child is in for 7 hours every day--this principal does not.

Posted March 12, 2011
This school has been a wonderful experience for my children. We moved to this school from out of state and the staff and teachers really took my children under their wing. Great programs and high test scores every year. The only problem we had was that there is an annoying small group of parents that try to control the curriculum and teachers too much. They just end up causing problems and making everyone else upset. My only suggestion if your children attend this school is that you get involved as a parent and see how wonderful the teachers here really are and not let those small minded individuals ruin the great things that are going on at Highland. My children will be better members of society for attending this school.

Highland School 3

Posted September 28, 2010
The Accelerated Learning Program (ALL) at this school is a waste of a child's time. Students are not allowed to go further ahead than their peers at their grade level and the 'widening of the curriculum' simply means more homework. Often the ALL teachers are extreme control personalities, not teachers that are enthusiastic and confidence builders. The school has lowered the bar academically. We are very disappointed that we left another school to come to this program at Highland.

Posted July 01, 2009
3 of children have attended this school. I think 90% of the teachers are fabulous. The principal is a nice guy but probably needs to get rid of a couple teachers that are terrible. This school has awesome traditions--especially the annuall hawk walk fundraiser. It is a great learning atmosphere. Overall we have loved this school

Posted October 15, 2007

Highland School 2

Posted November 18, 2006
- a former student

Posted September 03, 2005
Great school. Teachers and parents are very involved. Some complaints about lack of traditional math, but overall does well.

Highland School 2

Posted July 09, 2004
In comparison to two other elementary schools we have gone to, Highland Elementary is not very stimulating intellectually. There is little diversity as far as ethnicity and religion which is an unfortunate function of the society as a whole. I think the Principal makes some unwise choices and the PTA is undemocratic. Other than that we have had an adequate but not good experience at Highland. I do applaud the programs that deal with disabilities-they seem to really incorporate autistic children and children with disabilities into the mainstream. All the children benefit from this inclusion.

Highland School
10865 North 6000 West, Highland, UT  84003
Last modified Highland School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top