Highland, UT

Posted October 16, 2012
This is a great school. You can tell the teachers and staff really care about the kids. I love that they are big on technology, reading and math. They also have a great art program, music program and science program. There is an excellent line of communication from teachers to parents. The principal is great. He's friendly and seems to enjoy what he does. He just got the Elementary Principal of the Year award this year and is always looking for input on ways to improve the school in every way.

Posted January 31, 2012
We attended two other schools before this one and have been thrilled with what Freedom has to offer. They really encourage technology very early in the school. My six grader gets her own laptop that she gets to take home. She was struggling in math and we took advantage of the once a week double dosing program that they have to offer. She is now testing in the high proficient range. In years past you could request teachers. Now you can request qualities that would best match your child's needed learning environment. My oldest who has attended Freedom since first grade is sailing through Jr. High with straight A's. By the way he thrived in the "Party" teacher's classroom where contest in multiplication and comic relief kept his interest and made him excited to go to school. The school is on an early bird/late bird program where the students come either an hour earlier or stay an hour later so the teachers have a smaller class size for math or literature. Freedom has a lot of parent involvement which enables more tutoring in class and a high quality of class ready students that attend. I have three children currently attending and they are all thriving!

Posted January 19, 2012
This is a wonderful school! After seeing many schools out of UT, I can't believe how wonderful this school is! The administrator is wonderful and truly cares about the students and teachers. The teachers work very hard and stay current in education. We are now in Arizona, and the schools here are way behind UT, as far as curriculum goes. As long as Alpine School District remembers that kids need to learn math facts because math is an exact science, and continues to emphasize literacy and reading and writing, I don't think you could find a bad school in this district. Move out of Utah, to Arizona, and then you will really appreciate how hard the educators work in UT and what a school like this has to offer!

Posted August 02, 2011
We have attended Freedom Elementary for 7 years now and I am disappointed to read some negative reviews! The Principal is outstanding. He stands outside on the curb every morning to welcome the kids to school and then is outside every afternnon as well, rain, shine, snow...every day. He is particular in which teachers he hires. Teachers are anxious and pleading to get hired at this school. With 5 children, over 7 years I can honestly say we've only had one teacher that I was disappointed in. The kids are taught well and test well. The school is a happy place, not chaotic! We moved during the last few years and I sent my kids to another school for one year, but quickly sent them back to Freedom.

Freedom School 2

Posted December 28, 2010
Freedom is greatly overcrowded, has only a few quality teachers, and feels like chaos. There's very little cohesion in the school and students behavior is often unruly. The principal is a nice guy, but doesn't bring a feeling of leadership to the school climate.

Freedom School 3

Posted September 29, 2010
Freedom students test well because they come from a high socio economic area with educated parents that put a lot of time in to their children. This is not an outstanding school and as of 9-2010 the classes are VERY over crowded. There are some excellent teachers, but the turn over in teachers is high, which truly says something about the teaching environment/principal.

Posted May 05, 2010
Freedom is an amazing school. I loved it so much! We learned in a fun & easy way. This incredible school has the nicest teachers, and an amazing principal. I went into Jr. High being the highest in all of my classes. There is lots of homework, but it really helped me prepare for Middle School. They also provide laptops for the students. These come in handy all the time! I wish I could go back. :]

Freedom School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
Freedom Elementary isn't as great as it's test scores suggest. Parental involvement is very high, which is why so many kids do well. There are some great teachers and some not so great teachers. Academically they don't rate well in my opinion and we have had to supplement our children's education at home. Our children have attended four different schools and home school and Freedom falls somewhere in the middle. Be sure you know who your child's teacher is and whether they are a 'party teacher'. Freedom is pretty relaxed about checking out/picking up students. And class sizes are very large in some cases (38). Stay on top of your child and the teacher!

Freedom School 4

Posted January 04, 2009
Overall, the school seems great. It has been a change from the stricter TX school we moved from. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the more relaxed environment. But my child seems to be thriving. The principal is very involved and helpful. My only complaint would be the drop off/ pickup rules (if there is any). Other parents seem to do whatever's easiest to get their kid, but not take in mind the safety of the other kids. There should be guidelines for the parents to follow that should be enforced.

Posted May 02, 2007

Freedom School
10326 North 6800 West, Highland, UT  84003
Last modified Freedom School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top