Posted June 07, 2013
Mountain Crest does get a lot of attention for its great athletics programs, but it mostly serves as an academic institution and they do a great job. They have one of the best teachers in the country teaching there, and she loves the school and the students. The students are more than capable of achieving academic as well as athletic success as well, proving that with the outcome of multiple students graduating with associates degrees. Principal Henke is also really great, and is an alumni of the school, so he knows Mountain Crest and how everything goes better than anyone. Now, athletically, everyone knows they are great, they did just win all sports school of the year, but the first priority of every coach is not sports, for every coach there, I can guarantee that its academics first, and even creating a family out of the team and teaching the kids how to be great people on and off the field. I can't even get close to describing all the positives of this school, but Mountain Crest High School is, without a doubt, a great academic and athletic facility.

Mountain Crest High School 2

Posted April 19, 2013
Great sports school, if you are a player of one of the more major sports you will do fine. All departments but sports are under funded or overlooked. There are a wide range of teachers from the nice to tyrannical. avoid taking classes from sport coaches if possible, if you like challenges.

Posted October 07, 2012
I completely hate this school. It'd probably be a great school if you were a pretty, preppy, and popular. If you are a little out of the ordinary, you will NOT fit in. I haven't found one teacher who isn't a mormon (they definitely state their beliefs). I used to go to South Cache and I fit in pretty well, I moved schools and came out, now that I'm back, no one talks to me. My friend actually got asked why they would hang out with a lesbian. The vice principal actually harrased me because I got into a bit of trouble a year ago. I'm a graduating junior who's taking five AP classes this year. Just because I got into trouble, doesn't mean I'm a bad kid. Aren't teachers supposed to recognize that? And on top of just social- things, I haven't learned a thing at this school.

Posted July 24, 2010
the teachers didn't grade us on ability but on compliance. the students harassed me for hugging my girlfriend in the hall to the point of throwing books at us. The school rather then addressing the problem banned all PDA (hugging) in the school. the teachers wasted my time and bored me to tears. I spent more time doing personal study then what they where suppose to be teaching me. no help with college prep no help with anything that would matter when i left. I struggled after leaving to get into weber state and eventually started my own business and i'm doing just fine. I learned very little while in school, I've learned much more from TED, Skeptics guide, and many more independent learning resources.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted September 08, 2009
I love Mountain Crest! It's the best school I have ever been to, and I love how you're accepted no matter what your race, religion, beliefs, (etc...) are. Everyone's so nice and there's not really any social groups because there's so many people and they are just so accepting. I love MC! <3

Mountain Crest High School 0

Posted June 19, 2009
I moved to cache valley during high school and felt so welcome at Mountain Crest. My loyalty will lie with the orange and blue forever. It is a great school with great kids. There are so many people who are friendly and polite. It was so easy for me to make friends even though I moved from far away and I didn't know anyone.

Mountain Crest High School 4

Posted May 28, 2009

Mountain Crest High School 0

Posted May 11, 2009
I currently go to MC and we love to have new people come and get to know everyone. Everybody know everybody and who they are, what they like to do. People say hi to you in the halls even if they really don't tend to know you as 'best friends'

Posted May 07, 2009

Mountain Crest High School
255 South 800 East, Hyrum, UT  84319
Last modified Mountain Crest High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Crest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top