Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Vista At Entrada School Of Performing Arts And Tec 5

Posted July 25, 2016
We moved from overseas, and initially, I didn't like the idea of uniforms, but it makes getting ready for school so easy. Also, It was difficult for me as a parent to get used to all the emails. The kids have a homeroom teacher, a teacher for math, another one for science, art teacher, dance, music, etc. So, i would be getting emails from 6 teachers, times the number of children i have there (3) - it was very overwhelming for me and I wanted to switch them to another school. But, I changed the way I organize myself so that my kids could keep going there. This summer, my kids have taken summer classes at Vista and they loved it. My oldest took a 4 day code class and loved it. I love that not only do they have art and performance classes but technology every day. I have looked around at other schools, but none of them have technology at this age. I think its super important, so we are keeping them at Vista this year. Plus, I love the drive to Vista, its like driving through a State Park every day.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 25, 2016
Mrs. Aimee Anderson was great with my kindergartner this year. We started her in morning Kindergarten but she struggled a lot with all the at home reading. I met with Mrs. Anderson, and we both agreed that afternoon would be better for her, and she just blossomed after that. My kid adored Mrs. Anderson. She is very enthusiastic and high energy which is perfect for this age group. I pretty much adore her too.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 25, 2016
I interacted with all of my children's teacher during 2015-2016 school year. Some teachers are definitely more enthusiastic and effective that others, but I think my kids got pretty lucky with awesome home room teacher. I know they are effective when my kids believe their teachers over me :)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 25, 2016
I don't really like too much homework, because that is homework for a parent that has to help a child... and I have four kids, so it can be overwhelming quickly. I felt like my kids didn't have too much homework this last year, it was just right.

Vista At Entrada School Of Performing Arts And Tec 5

Posted July 09, 2016
Our family relocated to St George from out of state 3 years ago. We looked online to find a school that we wanted our 3 daughters to attend. We initially enrolled them into George Washington Academy because of their high rating. It was a very stressful environment for students and teachers. I wasn't concerned about the high levels of homework until I realized that our children were not developing healthy attitudes towards learning. We enrolled them into Vista the following year, and everything changed for the better. The technology and arts programs are challenging yet fulfilling, and our children are developing a great love of learning in all of their subjects. Vista's environment is always energetic and happy. My kids are excited to go to school everyday and they love their teachers. It's so rewarding to watch them discover and develop their talents in music and the arts. They are also becoming very proficient in technology. Vista has assembled an amazing team of educators that are passionate about their specialized subjects and the success of every child. Vista is an amazing school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 09, 2016
All of my children's teachers at Vista have impressed me, and I am grateful for each of them. I am especially grateful for Mrs. DeLuca, Vista's orchestra teacher. She lovingly and patiently draws out the absolute best in her students. She inspires and encourages them to excellence. They all love and respect her because of her amazing talent, work ethic, and passion for their success.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 09, 2016
Vista is an ambitions environment. Gifted teachers who are passionate about their respective subjects are attracted to the school. Vista is also a public charter school, so tenure isn't available to the teachers or faculty. They choose Vista because they love the character and environment of the school and want to teach there. Vista teachers are highly valued by the parents and administration.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 09, 2016
Yes, we deal with homework daily. It's not bad. The teachers are very good at communicating with parents. I get emails weekly reminding me of what they are working on and what will be due soon. If your kid forgets their homework at school (happens to everyone), the teachers use Google Classroom and also have websites where you can print out their homework and check for missing assignments. It's easy to keep track of your students progress.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2016
Most students are personally driven out of love for the technology and arts programs. They also have to achieve and maintain good grades in all their subjects to participate in some of those programs. I don't have to remind my kids to do well in school. They learn how to prioritize and manage their time. They may not always get the part they want or succeed in everything they work hard for, but they learn from their mistakes or failures that hard work and persistence will eventually pay off. Students obtain valuable experiences that will benefit them throughout their lives.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2016
The culture of Vista is exceptional. Students are inspired by their teachers and challenged through their curriculum. Through hard work students achieve more then they could have imagined. As a result, students develop respect for the school, their teachers, fellow students, and most importantly, they develop self-respect.

585 East Center St, Ivins, UT  84738
Last modified Vista At Entrada School Of Performing Arts And Tec is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.