Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We moved from overseas, and initially, I didn't like the idea of uniforms, but it makes getting ready for school so easy. Also, It was difficult for me as a parent to get used to all the emails. The kids have a homeroom teacher, a teacher for math, another one for science, art teacher, dance, music, etc. So, i would be getting emails from 6 teachers, times the number of children i have there (3) - it was very overwhelming for me and I wanted to switch them to another school. But, I changed the way I organize myself so that my kids could keep going there. This summer, my kids have taken summer classes at Vista and they loved it. My oldest took a 4 day code class and loved it. I love that not only do they have art and performance classes but technology every day. I have looked around at other schools, but none of them have technology at this age. I think its super important, so we are keeping them at Vista this year. Plus, I love the drive to Vista, its like driving through a State Park every day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I interacted with all of my children's teacher during 2015-2016 school year. Some teachers are definitely more enthusiastic and effective that others, but I think my kids got pretty lucky with awesome home room teacher. I know they are effective when my kids believe their teachers over me :)

Amount of homework: Agree

I don't really like too much homework, because that is homework for a parent that has to help a child... and I have four kids, so it can be overwhelming quickly. I felt like my kids didn't have too much homework this last year, it was just right.

Our family relocated to St George from out of state 3 years ago. We looked online to find a school that we wanted our 3 daughters to attend. We initially enrolled them into George Washington Academy because of their high rating. It was a very stressful environment for students and teachers. I wasn't concerned about the high levels of homework until I realized that our children were not developing healthy attitudes towards learning. We enrolled them into Vista the following year, and everything changed for the better. The technology and arts programs are challenging yet fulfilling, and our children are developing a great love of learning in all of their subjects. Vista's environment is always energetic and happy. My kids are excited to go to school everyday and they love their teachers. It's so rewarding to watch them discover and develop their talents in music and the arts. They are also becoming very proficient in technology. Vista has assembled an amazing team of educators that are passionate about their specialized subjects and the success of every child. Vista is an amazing school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Vista is an ambitions environment. Gifted teachers who are passionate about their respective subjects are attracted to the school. Vista is also a public charter school, so tenure isn't available to the teachers or faculty. They choose Vista because they love the character and environment of the school and want to teach there. Vista teachers are highly valued by the parents and administration.

Amount of homework: Agree

Yes, we deal with homework daily. It's not bad. The teachers are very good at communicating with parents. I get emails weekly reminding me of what they are working on and what will be due soon. If your kid forgets their homework at school (happens to everyone), the teachers use Google Classroom and also have websites where you can print out their homework and check for missing assignments. It's easy to keep track of your students progress.

Develops character: Agree

Vista has a wait list to attend the school, so the school is always at full capacity. The administration isn't afraid suspend students who violate school rules and policy. Students and parents understand that school citizenship is highly valued at Vista. Students feel privileged to attend vista, so they are naturally inclined to do their best.

I can't say enough about this school. It is incredible. The way the school sis set up encourages children to reach their full potential. I've seen such growth in my children and love that they gain more experiences than they would at any other school. They are offered music lessons, drama, and choir, yet have access to the most advanced technology and tech programs. This school gives students a balance between art and technology. This is a rare find. We love it.

I love Vista. I love their programs and their curriculum is above that of the public schools.

I have one child in 1st grade in Vista . This is our 2nd year & we love it ! The had laptops in Kindergarten & the have ipads in 1st grade! My child loves all her teachers. The front office staff are all amazing. The Vice Principal Mr. Orem is one of the most intelligent & caring people I have met. I drive 45 min. from my rural community because I feel it is worth it.

Last modified Vista At Entrada School Of Performing Arts And Tec is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.