694 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

I currently have 3 children who attended Kaysville Elementary. I am blown away by the way the entire staff from our wonderful principal to the janitorial staff have made this school feel more like home. The teachers are wonderful and caring. Mrs. Tucker specifically! Mrs. Flint is amazing and my children have grown mentally from day one. Go Dragons!

This was our first year here. My daughter went to Kindergarten here and we have had an amazing experience. The teacher and the school both communicate very well. E-mails and notes home. I love it! The school feels very comfortable and welcoming. We are very excited to return for 1st grade next year.

I have a son that has had teachers here from K-3, and my daughter has gone here from K-2. We love our teachers. They have planners that they send home to communicate with parents, plus they have all been great about answering emails. All the teachers I've worked with have been eager to help my children. I have also had experience with the Speech teacher and Psychologist since my son is ADHD & Aspergers. He is in regular classroom settings but gets pulled out to work on his IEP goals. When I had him in the preschool program, the lady we worked with was going to cut him from the program because he finished the goals she came up with. I racked my brain and came up with other goals, but at Kaysville El. they have been GREAT at coming up with applicable goals! The principal is involved and regularly visits the classrooms. Parents line the hallways helping with homework, reading, etc. 2 negatives: Utah has high student to teacher ratios (33 in my boy's class), and the district curriculum isn't challenging at all. Rumor: Parents complained kids in low levels would feel "dumb", so they nixed 2 levels: behind and advanced. Now it's same for everyone. No child left behind=most held back.

Our experience with the teachers there have been wonderful. I have loved the care they show to individual students and the wisdom that experience has brought. They encourage parents to help in the classroom and be involved. They are willing to communicate and answer concerns. The principal (new in 2006) has been involved and caring as well. With great parents involved in PTA, I couldn't be happier with our experience with Kaysville Elementary.

Last modified Kaysville School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.