Kaysville, UT

Morgan School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
I've had 3 children attend this school over the past 6 years and we've had a wonderful experience with teachers, staff and principal. Two of our children were not in the French Immersion and 1 is currently enrolled. I would say that class size in any immersion school program would have comparable numbers. French kindergarten classes are very large 28-30, while English Kindergarten is usually low at 18 students. This is because there will be turn over in any language program. People move and decide it's not always best for their child. They want to maintain a core number of students who get through k-6th grade successfully in the program.

Posted September 14, 2013
I've read with interest the "school grade" in the newpaper today. We got a B, which is decent, but I think the thing really holding us back from an A in the principal, the office staff, and how nearly all resources are going to the french program. We chose not to do the french and we've watched as those classes got smaller and our children's classes got larger (28-32 kids.) I've also noticed that the French immersion classes get better supplies and more attention from the principal, who is unprofessional, rude, out of touch, unable to communicate, and could himself use a few more years of education! And, I agree fully what the other reviews have said about the secretary. She's terrible and should be asked to leave. Overall, I think the teachers are great, as is the PTA, the facility, and community. It's a good place to live, we just have a few people standing in the way of growth.

Posted July 29, 2013
We are not in the school boundaries, but drive our children in to attend the French Immersion program at Sam Morgan. The faculty and staff have been incredibly helpful, even checking if anyone else was near us so we could carpool. The PTA is great, too.

Posted May 14, 2013
I am looking at moving into Davis county and found a home in this boundary area. I read the great schools reviews and decided to call and speak to someone at the school. The secretary told me she didn't have any time to answer any questions, when I asked if there was someone who could, she told me "I can answer 1 or 2 short questions". I then told her about the negative reviews on great schools and again asked if someone could answer some questions to which she responded "I said I don't have time for this" and proceeded to hang up on me. When I called back, she wouldn't answer the phone. I let the district know, got the principals direct line and called him to let him know I would NEVER be able to send my child to a school where there was so little respect to parents, and presumably students, shown. I hope there will be a staffing change soon. Good luck!

Posted November 29, 2012
Office Secretary Terrible! She tries to make everyone that comes into that office seem like they are not important and are less than her. I had a terrible start at this school with the secretary flat out lying to me that there was no afternoon kindergarten bus. She told me this just to get my daughter in morning because the morning class was less crowded. When I finally came to the decision I would just have to drive my child to school everyday (due to my school schedule she had to be in afternoon), magically there is now a bus in the area! This is making a long story short but 4 times over the course of a few days this secretary told me the same information, then blamed it on me and said I misunderstood and yes there is a bus, just a different one than drives the kids home. I have been in the office and seen her treat other parents the same way, very disrespectful. The teachers are friendly and good and the parent involvement is good. But the office workers could definitely use improvement! This is the 3rd. gradeschool I have dealt with and the worst office workers I have seen. Until now, I have never had any issues with the schools my kids have attended.

Posted October 23, 2012
I have had children at this school for 12 years. We had 2 other elementary schools before moving here to compare it to. I love this school. The principal is very open and good to work with. The French immersion program is wonderful with wonderful teachers. This is our 4th year in the program. I love it that the 4th, 5th and 6th grade teacher teams work together to bring some great programs to the kids. I love the journeys that the 4th grades do, the marionettes of famous Americans that the 5th grades do, and all the special days like Egyptian Day, science fair, and Greek day that the 6th grades do. The PTA is wonderful and sponsors some great programs for the school. This year they started a new school wide art program called Meet the Masters. I helped teach it for my daughters class and I am very impressed with it so far. Parent involvement and volunteering in the classes is high, too. My children have had some great teachers over the years.

Posted July 12, 2011
So....this was a great school and then a few years back it changed. Feels negative. Guess we're not alone on that. Giving it one more year , then maybe move the kids to another school. Our oldest is in the french program and because he goes between teachers, pretty sure it took them all year to even remember his name.

Morgan School 4

Posted August 18, 2010
Fantastic, caring teachers. My children have attended this school for several years. I must say that I feel the Principal is a little disconnected. I agree with the other review, he office staff are too preoccupied to be of assistance.

Posted January 27, 2010
My child will be going to Morgan (Samuel Morgan) Elementary school. We bought our house in this specific neighborhood so that we could send our children to this school. We've searched for THE BEST school for our children, and we've heard enough about this school. Especially- they offer French Immersion Program that they launched last year(or maybe 2 years ago) so when kids are in the kindergarten they start learning french by native french by speaking ONLY french. Also- The neighborhood is JUST AWESOME. Parents are so into the school activities , curriculum, and so interested in the children's achievement( not only their own kids, but generally all the kids in THIS SCHOOL.) Just AWESOME!

Morgan School 2

Posted July 21, 2009

Morgan School
1065 Thornfield Rd, Kaysville, UT  84037
Last modified Morgan School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top