Kaysville, UT

Morgan School 1

Posted April 13, 2015
If your child has psychological services at Sand Springs Elem. with the school psychologist, you should consider outside therapy before allowing her to evaluate or counsel your child. She has shown extremely poor judgement. She causes more psychological harm to her students than help. She continuously uses coercion with her students to get them to say things that justify her own negative personal agenda. She does not take the Ethical principles of Psychologists and code of conduct seriously. I am very sad for any child who is counseled by this individual, she clearly has personal issues. I was warned about her from other parents in the school who felt she discriminated against non lds families, and created issues where their were none to begin with. I wish I had listened to their warning, this woman has done great damage to my child ( and others), which is irreversible and now requires outside help. I have lost my faith in this school and trust in this particular individual. Very disappointing experience.
2 people found this helpful

Morgan School 1

Posted April 08, 2015
If your child has psychological services at Morgan Elem. with the school psychologist, you should consider outside therapy before allowing her to evaluate or counsel your child. She has shown poor judgement and her ethics seem to be skewed. She causes more psychological harm to her students than help. She continuously uses coercion with her students to get them to say things that justify her own negative personal agenda. The administration, teachers and support from the pta are excellent at Morgan but their is a valid reason for concern when it comes to the psychologist at the school. She does not take the Ethical principles of Psychologists and code of conduct seriously. I am very sad for any child who is counseled by this individual and it is very disappointing that Davis County School District would hire someone like her to work with students.
10 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2015
This school has excellent teachers, who really care about their students. My child was behind in math and her 3rd grade teacher would spend hours tutoring her after school to give her the extra boost. My child also has ADHD and was seeing the school psychologist. I found the school psychologist to be abrasive, unhelpful and really questioned her judgement with what techniques she should be using to help my child in school. She was very unprofessional and when I went to speak with her... was flippant. Just because you say you are great with working with children, doesn't mean you actually are.
9 people found this helpful

Posted March 13, 2015
My children came to this school as new students this year and reading reviews I was really hesitant, but honestly this school is the best thing that happened to us. Starting with principal, secretaries, nurse and great teachers I can't describe how these people have interest and care about the children with a positive attitude that makes the atmosphere of the whole school. My children like to go there , learn a lot without the pressure, made friends very easy, make interesting projects. The teachers were really interested about our kids well being (learning, friends, the whole adjustment) as they were new and I see their interest continuing.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
I have been very impressed with the teachers at this school. Caring, bright, happy teachers make for thoughtful, curious, happy students. There was some complaint about the office staff and administration but that has all changed and the new staff and administration are excellent.
2 people found this helpful

Morgan School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
I've had 3 children attend this school over the past 6 years and we've had a wonderful experience with teachers, staff and principal. Two of our children were not in the French Immersion and 1 is currently enrolled. I would say that class size in any immersion school program would have comparable numbers. French kindergarten classes are very large 28-30, while English Kindergarten is usually low at 18 students. This is because there will be turn over in any language program. People move and decide it's not always best for their child. They want to maintain a core number of students who get through k-6th grade successfully in the program.

Posted September 14, 2013
I've read with interest the "school grade" in the newpaper today. We got a B, which is decent, but I think the thing really holding us back from an A in the principal, the office staff, and how nearly all resources are going to the french program. We chose not to do the french and we've watched as those classes got smaller and our children's classes got larger (28-32 kids.) I've also noticed that the French immersion classes get better supplies and more attention from the principal, who is unprofessional, rude, out of touch, unable to communicate, and could himself use a few more years of education! And, I agree fully what the other reviews have said about the secretary. She's terrible and should be asked to leave. Overall, I think the teachers are great, as is the PTA, the facility, and community. It's a good place to live, we just have a few people standing in the way of growth.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 29, 2013
We are not in the school boundaries, but drive our children in to attend the French Immersion program at Sam Morgan. The faculty and staff have been incredibly helpful, even checking if anyone else was near us so we could carpool. The PTA is great, too.

Posted May 14, 2013
I am looking at moving into Davis county and found a home in this boundary area. I read the great schools reviews and decided to call and speak to someone at the school. The secretary told me she didn't have any time to answer any questions, when I asked if there was someone who could, she told me "I can answer 1 or 2 short questions". I then told her about the negative reviews on great schools and again asked if someone could answer some questions to which she responded "I said I don't have time for this" and proceeded to hang up on me. When I called back, she wouldn't answer the phone. I let the district know, got the principals direct line and called him to let him know I would NEVER be able to send my child to a school where there was so little respect to parents, and presumably students, shown. I hope there will be a staffing change soon. Good luck!

Posted November 29, 2012
Office Secretary Terrible! She tries to make everyone that comes into that office seem like they are not important and are less than her. I had a terrible start at this school with the secretary flat out lying to me that there was no afternoon kindergarten bus. She told me this just to get my daughter in morning because the morning class was less crowded. When I finally came to the decision I would just have to drive my child to school everyday (due to my school schedule she had to be in afternoon), magically there is now a bus in the area! This is making a long story short but 4 times over the course of a few days this secretary told me the same information, then blamed it on me and said I misunderstood and yes there is a bus, just a different one than drives the kids home. I have been in the office and seen her treat other parents the same way, very disrespectful. The teachers are friendly and good and the parent involvement is good. But the office workers could definitely use improvement! This is the 3rd. gradeschool I have dealt with and the worst office workers I have seen. Until now, I have never had any issues with the schools my kids have attended.

Morgan School
1065 Thornfield Rd, Kaysville, UT  84037
Last modified Morgan School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top