793 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Posted February 10, 2014
As far as the Utah education system goes, this school excels. We moved here for this school and the subsequent schools it feeds into....all top rated schools. classroom sizes are much smaller than neighboring schools, it's well designed, it's one of the very few that doesn't divide the kids into different jr highs/high schools , and I hear few, if any complaints from neighbors. It's is a more affluent area which could imply spoiled kids?...but we've found a great sense of community and very involved families with pretty responsible kids. My only frustration is that all my children test above average and there is minimal supports in place for gifted children. It surprised me because test scores here were so high here. And similar to a previous comment the support for 504 plans falls a bit short. But I think these are school district problems and not specific to snow horse. We've had these problems at other schools in the district. Even though I may pull my kids back into the districts gifted program at another school I don't regret moving to this school and would recommend it to anyone looking to move here.

Posted September 19, 2012
We moved here from the Seattle area a year and a half ago and came to the Kaysville area, partly, for the great schools. Education for our 4 children has been and is a top consideration. We are so happy with Snow Horse! The teachers, principal and staff are phenomenal. The parent involvement is high, as well. We feel so blessed to have our children be in this fantastic environ;ment. We are also impressed by Centennial Junior High and Davis High School. The community of West Kaysville is a great place to have a family.

Posted October 13, 2011
My oldest is in second grade and we love this school. Teachers are thoughtful, knowledgeable and caring. Principal is top notch with high expectations for students and teachers. Facilities are second to none... can't wait for my other children to come here. Highly recommend this school.

Posted September 22, 2011
I have 3 kids that have attend this school since it opened 4 years ago-one with special needs. They have worked hard to help with what I request and my concerns. I am very impressed with their teachers, faculty, staff and policies. They focus on positive reinforcement, disicpline and encouragement. They have amazing parent volunteer programs and support. The principal is in the classrooms, always has a smile and knows each child by name. Before moving here, I was happy with my other elementary, but Snow Horse has proven that there is better.

Snow Horse School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
we have had nothing but problems with this school since the day it opened. four of our children were enrolled in this school since day one. all of our children are special needs children and several are on 504 plans. the teachers and principle of the school do not feel that they should be required to abide by the 504 plans because it takes some extra effort on thier part. one of the stipultions of the 504's is that our children will miss more school than normal children due to doctors appointments, surgeries and other related incedences. we have even had threatening letters sent to us from the principal. we have discussed this with the school district and they agree that the teachers and principal have no right in their course of action. meetings have been scheduled yet again to discuss all this, however due to our past history with these teachers and principle, i have little hope for a satisfactory resolution. with these issues from this school and the plans to tear down houses and make room for the legacy highway extension, i would not recommend anyone moving near this area

Posted March 06, 2011
Great school. My kids have had great teachers and there are lots of parent volunteers (myself included.) My boys really enjoy attending this school and they have learned a lot. Wonderful safe, fun, clean environment too.

Posted August 09, 2010
This is a great elementary school. We have as many or more parent volunteer hours as any in the district. Great Teachers, communication and curriculum make this a wonderful experience for our elementary age children. One of the best my 5 children have attended.

Snow Horse School
1095 West Smith Ln, Kaysville, UT  84037
Last modified Snow Horse School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snow Horse School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top