692 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

My son is currently in 1st grade and has been getting bullied by this same kid for the whole school year to the point he cries and hates going to school. We have talked to the counselor, the vice principal, his own teacher and I personally feel the principal of the school does not care. This child who has picked on, made fun of, kicked, pushed and roughed up my son has had nothing done to him for punishment. No recess taken away, just one call home as far as I know. The principal has not stepped in when I have asked what she does in these types of situations and at this point he has hit his absences and can't miss anymore days but what as a parent do you do when your son is scared and doesn't want to go to school and the administration doesn't seem to care. It's too late in the year to switch him and home schooling won't give him the socialization that a child as his age needs. This school is horrible and I will be switching him.

There are some wonderful teachers here and some horrible teachers. Mr. Gomez has done some great things to help our children and enrich their education. PE and Art are awesome. There are some great support staff like Ms. Woodward and Ms. Mosley that go out of their way to help anyone. Most of the younger grade teachers are kind, knowledgeable, and teach the children well. There are some teachers that really need to retire because it is obvious they are no longer in the profession to help the children. There are also teachers that get away with screaming at the students whenever they want and belittling them in front of their peers. That is something that is unacceptable and I can't believe that the district allows this to happen. I will keep my children here as long as I have say in who their teachers will be. There really are so many fantastic people working in this building. It's too bad others are bringing them and the children down.

Principal is poor excuse for a human self center, everything is about him. Mr. Gomez is a dictator and spends children resources in remodeling his office, staff room just for looks,, what about new book for library? what about less children per class room Mr. Gomez?

After 2 years of our children attending DG, we've decided to pull them out and attend K12 through UTVA. Being a title 1 school, they do focus a lot on the immigrants, legal and otherwise. And also their parents get lots of advantages that I don't get just because I'm Caucasion. I think most of the teachers are good. I don't appreciate the curriculum that focuses on Language Arts and Math. They hardly get science, history, P.E., and music. The new principal, Mr. Gomez told me that I can't choose who my children go to school with. But he obviously has never heard of Parents' Choice in Education. Thumbs down.

Last modified David Gourley School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.