2,307 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Kearns high school has some really good teachers but other teachers who are not effective. I am an alumni who wanted to be productive in classes and many classes the teachers just let us do whatever we wanted. There were no lesson plans or learning. There were some really good teachers who allowed me to really expand my knowledge as well as encouraged me to develop myself. These teachers were

I graduated from here about 7 years ago. I was in AP classes however my brother, who graduated a year before me, wasn't. As a result I saw two different sides to the school. All of the money they get goes to improving the education the advanced kids get. While those that are behind drift farther behind. If you can get into advanced classes you'll be alright here. If you can't all you'll get is farther behind.

Well its my sons first year here, and i'am a little skeptic .But hope, it is going to be better then what i have heard.

Do not send your child to this school!!!!! Staff at this school takes nothing at great importance. When my child was bullied and went in to report it she was told she was acting like a jr high student and that they had no time for it!!!GREAT HELP!!! And the ipod that each child is required to have to do school work is highly over rated! Be sure your child does not break that ipod cause its worse then going to the dentist to get that thing released from the school to be repaired!!!!! GLAD THAT MY CHILD WILL NOT BE GOING HERE NEXT YEAR!!!!SILLY SILLY SCHOOL!!!!!

These kids at this school fight just to get textbooks! Yet, graduates from Kearns are some of the best and the brightest! We need to continue to support Kearns and get them this money. V Vouchers are no way for students to go to school!

Our debate team is the best! We took 3rd in region and 11th in state. Our MESA club took first last year.

This school has changed so much from the past 10-15 years it deserves to be treated as a well respected school. Not only are there less drop outs from this school but, more kids are going to college than at any other time period of this schools history.

I love Kearns the teachers are great and the school as a whole works hard to improve itself. It has many programs that other nearby schools do not have. Despite its reputation the school is wonderful, last year it revieved an award for attendance and improved test scores throughout the student body

I have a child graduating this year (2007). I also had one graduate in 2005. They are two very different people, so I had a well rounded view of the school. I am impressed with the quality of counselors and most of the staff. I am impressed with the rising academic standards and the variety of classes and programs available. Both of my children were able to take AP and Concurrent Enrollment classes. I was also very impressed at the SBO participation. My child was a Student Body Officer and I saw the many, many hours that group put in on behalf of their peers. That says a lot about school pride. As for school safety, you can always find what you are looking for, good or bad. My kids have never had any trouble. My children have participated in such activities as: Football, Soccer, Track, Choir, SBO, Debate, AP,Music.

Last modified Kearns High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.