1,648 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Posted June 22, 2016
Kearns high school has some really good teachers but other teachers who are not effective. I am an alumni who wanted to be productive in classes and many classes the teachers just let us do whatever we wanted. There were no lesson plans or learning. There were some really good teachers who allowed me to really expand my knowledge as well as encouraged me to develop myself. These teachers were

Kearns High School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
I graduated from here about 7 years ago. I was in AP classes however my brother, who graduated a year before me, wasn't. As a result I saw two different sides to the school. All of the money they get goes to improving the education the advanced kids get. While those that are behind drift farther behind. If you can get into advanced classes you'll be alright here. If you can't all you'll get is farther behind.

Posted August 20, 2013
Well its my sons first year here, and i'am a little skeptic .But hope, it is going to be better then what i have heard.

Kearns High School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
Do not send your child to this school!!!!! Staff at this school takes nothing at great importance. When my child was bullied and went in to report it she was told she was acting like a jr high student and that they had no time for it!!!GREAT HELP!!! And the ipod that each child is required to have to do school work is highly over rated! Be sure your child does not break that ipod cause its worse then going to the dentist to get that thing released from the school to be repaired!!!!! GLAD THAT MY CHILD WILL NOT BE GOING HERE NEXT YEAR!!!!SILLY SILLY SCHOOL!!!!!

Kearns High School 2

Posted October 01, 2009
These kids at this school fight just to get textbooks! Yet, graduates from Kearns are some of the best and the brightest! We need to continue to support Kearns and get them this money. V Vouchers are no way for students to go to school!

Kearns High School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
Our debate team is the best! We took 3rd in region and 11th in state. Our MESA club took first last year.

Kearns High School 5

Posted May 14, 2009
This school has changed so much from the past 10-15 years it deserves to be treated as a well respected school. Not only are there less drop outs from this school but, more kids are going to college than at any other time period of this schools history.

Posted November 30, 2008
I love Kearns the teachers are great and the school as a whole works hard to improve itself. It has many programs that other nearby schools do not have. Despite its reputation the school is wonderful, last year it revieved an award for attendance and improved test scores throughout the student body

Kearns High School 4

Posted May 23, 2007
I have a child graduating this year (2007). I also had one graduate in 2005. They are two very different people, so I had a well rounded view of the school. I am impressed with the quality of counselors and most of the staff. I am impressed with the rising academic standards and the variety of classes and programs available. Both of my children were able to take AP and Concurrent Enrollment classes. I was also very impressed at the SBO participation. My child was a Student Body Officer and I saw the many, many hours that group put in on behalf of their peers. That says a lot about school pride. As for school safety, you can always find what you are looking for, good or bad. My kids have never had any trouble. My children have participated in such activities as: Football, Soccer, Track, Choir, SBO, Debate, AP,Music.

Posted December 20, 2005
I graduated from Kearns High school and I agree with some of what the other reviews said. Kearns High's staff and extra-curricular activities are underrated. These teachers really care about their students and don't hesitate to go the extra mile. However, one thing about KHS shouldn't be overlooked: the school spirit just isn't there. KHS offers a lot of extra-curricular activities, some of which are consistently among the best in the state including: debate, economics, water polo, swimming, and T.V. productions. For some reason, the students while I attended seemed unmotivated to participate in most of these programs, and parental involvement was scarce. As the Debate president my senior year, I saw this first hand. During my attendance, assemblies were canceled, pep rallies were non-existent, and most students probably couldn't even name the SBO's. In summation, KHS can be a great school but only if you take advantage of it's programs.

Kearns High School
5525 South Cougar Ln, Kearns, UT  84118
Last modified Kearns High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.