Posted December 04, 2009
Kearns Junior High is an excellent school!! I currently attend the 7th grade at the school, and it is an amazing school. Staff and Administration is awesome, there are a few bad students, but all schools have that! There are a great number of students that have straight A's, and that is thanks to the staff. Staff really cares about the students, and they really want to see everyone succeed. They have the A B C I system, the I means you have until the end of the term to make up an assignment or class you failed in a term. The system is amazing. I love KJH. If you are hesitant to let your child go to school there, LET THEM!! They will love it.

Kearns Jr High School 0

Posted May 25, 2009
i am a student at KJH and i have only gone there for a couple months in 8th grade and then my whole 9th grade year and i love it! i moved from out of state from a different school system from having 6 classes a day to having 4 different classes every other day but i got use to it and i made friends and now i love KJH. the teachers are wonderful and awesome and i wish they could come with me to KHS because they have helped me a lot this year in getting good grades and making me have a great freshman year so to all you parents out there KJH is a great school and has great teachers!!

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted December 11, 2008
I attended Kearns Jr. High from '84-'87 and have sent my oldest two there so far. We don't live in the boundries, but are near enough and with the UTA bus line near by I felt justified putting them on a special permit to attend. The programs are great and the staff helpful and friendly. For the age of the school it is in good repair and I am glad they haven't cut programs like so many of the newer schools have.

Posted May 22, 2008
KJH is a wonderful school 2008 is the marking of the 51st anniversary..... The new principal Kandace Barber is wonderful she had the school switch to Block Schedule she and the Vice Principals are very involved and very good about keeping the school running to the best of it's abilities....Sure the building isn't the best and the classrooms are made of marble..but the teachers are excellent they help you with anything you ask.....We have awesome counselors that will help you... The school is on a different grading scale though. A B C I an 'I' is incomplete meaning that you have till' the end of the year or term to make up the grade. We get several rewards for grades..like IPOD drawings Movies etc etc Kearns has a fully functional Auditorium with great Stage Crew. The school offers several extra curricular activities. If you want your student to excell visit KJH

Posted October 22, 2007

Posted August 22, 2005
I had one son at KJH and didn't hesitate to get my 12 year enrolled in 7 grade. The teachers and staff are always ready to help and the extra school activities like wrestling and drama kept my son busy and interested on taks that are worthy of his time. You will find good and bad everywhere you go but our experience with KJH has always been on the good side.

Posted June 18, 2005
- a former student
I believe kearns junior high is a wonderful school. Yes we had our good and bad students. But what school doesn't!!! We have many great opportunities to learn. The staff is wonderful except for a couple teachers here and there. Sure the building is really old but it is still full of great experiences. The parents are not to involved... you will get a couple parents to help out with the pta and a couple other programs but besides that you dont see many parents hanging around. The former principal of 2004-05 wasn't to involved with the struggles of the school.The vice principals are excellent they put down alot of the discpline. They are really nice but if you get on their bad side then they are not so nice. But they are always understanding and give the students more than a couple opportunities to pull their act together!!! :)

Posted April 15, 2005
I have had good and bad experiences from KJH. The new principal, I am not so sure about. I have another child starting there next year - inly time will tell.

Kearns Jr High School
4040 West 5305 South, Kearns, UT  84118
Last modified Kearns Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kearns Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top