Thomas Jefferson Jr High School 4

Posted September 04, 2014
I am a teacher at Jefferson. I appreciate the comment that says we are caring and may I add, very dedicated to serve our population. We have professional development to teach us different ways to reach students where they are at in their learning. We constantly look at data to give us direction to our instruction. Our principals are leaders and role models. We are innovative, creative, and eager to do our best! I appreciate the students leaving their comments. I do hope that more or our students that have had an AWESOME education here at JJH, will speak up and leave their comments, also!

Thomas Jefferson Jr High School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
This is a horrible school with horrible teachers, and a horrible atmosphere. There are cops at the lunchroom everyday to stop fights and do drug busts. Gangs of kids, everywhere you look. I went one year and hated it, so I home schooled the next year. If it comes down to home schooling or that, dare I call it, "school"0, choose home school. Save yourself from the stress of uncaring teachers and busloads of homework. Almost nobody there was willing to learn. Definitely would suggest getting an education elsewhere.

Thomas Jefferson Jr High School 4

Posted September 12, 2013
I love the school. It has an amazing academic program, I've learned a lot. Our Theatre department and English department is the best. I'm rockin' a B point grade average. You'll learn, the teachers there are absolutely devoted to helping the students learn.

Posted February 04, 2013
Thomas jefferson jr high rocks!!!!!!!!!!! I got a really got gpa even though it is not 4.0 i am happy!!!!!!! the teachers are great! It makes me think of everyone reunited as a family!

Thomas Jefferson Jr High School 3

Posted July 14, 2008
Jefferson was overall a good school, not great but good. i graduated from there in '07 and i had a good experience. But ever since our class left everything has gone down hill from there. student participation isn't as high as it was. Sports teams aren't doin very well due to lack of school spirit. and also the SBO program wasn't as good as it was when i was in 7th grade, no one really knows who the SBO's are anymore, mainly because their pictures aren't on the wall. and most of the SBO's don't really make and effort to be seen or heard, some of them do, but not all . If they were just to have more school spirit, things would get better.

Posted April 21, 2008

Posted December 17, 2007
we dont really have fights like everyone says. its a great school and i learn lots. very good in the musical department. choraliers are amazing!

Posted February 14, 2007

Posted February 26, 2005
- a former student

Thomas Jefferson Jr High School 1

Posted April 29, 2004

Thomas Jefferson Jr High School
5850 South 5600 West, Kearns, UT  84118
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top