Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Disagree

They want your kid to learn it the hard way

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They dont teach our kids anything new

Amount of homework: Disagree

The kids already know the stuff and plus why do they get home work when school is for school and home is for the kid to relax.

My kid doesnt learn nothing from there its all just review for her. she learned all the things shes learning right now in sixth grade. My daughter is in 8th grade now and they dont do nothing about jer learning. I put her in there honers classes and she still knows everything. With there bullying system they do nothing about it. They let there kids get bullied and do not care. The teachers are disrespectful to the students and parents. There school is dirty there are bugs in the bathrooms, they stink, and they barely even clean them. Dont take your kid to Thomas Jefferson Jr high school. Go somewhere else

I am a teacher at Jefferson. I appreciate the comment that says we are caring and may I add, very dedicated to serve our population. We have professional development to teach us different ways to reach students where they are at in their learning. We constantly look at data to give us direction to our instruction. Our principals are leaders and role models. We are innovative, creative, and eager to do our best! I appreciate the students leaving their comments. I do hope that more or our students that have had an AWESOME education here at JJH, will speak up and leave their comments, also!

This is a horrible school with horrible teachers, and a horrible atmosphere. There are cops at the lunchroom everyday to stop fights and do drug busts. Gangs of kids, everywhere you look. I went one year and hated it, so I home schooled the next year. If it comes down to home schooling or that, dare I call it, "school"0, choose home school. Save yourself from the stress of uncaring teachers and busloads of homework. Almost nobody there was willing to learn. Definitely would suggest getting an education elsewhere.

I love the school. It has an amazing academic program, I've learned a lot. Our Theatre department and English department is the best. I'm rockin' a B point grade average. You'll learn, the teachers there are absolutely devoted to helping the students learn.

Thomas jefferson jr high rocks!!!!!!!!!!! I got a really got gpa even though it is not 4.0 i am happy!!!!!!! the teachers are great! It makes me think of everyone reunited as a family!

Jefferson was overall a good school, not great but good. i graduated from there in '07 and i had a good experience. But ever since our class left everything has gone down hill from there. student participation isn't as high as it was. Sports teams aren't doin very well due to lack of school spirit. and also the SBO program wasn't as good as it was when i was in 7th grade, no one really knows who the SBO's are anymore, mainly because their pictures aren't on the wall. and most of the SBO's don't really make and effort to be seen or heard, some of them do, but not all . If they were just to have more school spirit, things would get better.

we dont really have fights like everyone says. its a great school and i learn lots. very good in the musical department. choraliers are amazing!

Last modified Thomas Jefferson Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.