Bad
Good

The school environment is as promised, but students and the administration aren't what I personally was promised. The faculty on the other hand I LOVED they were amazing at keeping up with each student. Also when I came here I was told everyone's very friendly and helpful not true there's still bullying and people who don't have anyone to talk to. It's a great learning experience not so much of a friendly environment though.

I visited the school for information to investigate it as an option for my child and could not have been more unimpressed with the administrators. Unhelpful, uninterested, and rude. I left thinking, "If this is one of the best schools in the area then American education has really fallen to new lows and parents better realize the home is the only place left where a child will get a decent education." The teachers and classes may be good here but the administration should be replaced before I'll consider this school for my children.

This school is incredible. It is one of the coolest environments you will ever be in. Students get along and interact with each other. Not to mention, the education is outstanding. I graduated NUAMES with my associates degree and only had to pay for my books. You cannot get that anywhere else. The teachers care and are always there to help. The administration is top notch. No wonder it is the envy of charter schools everywhere.

NUAMES is extremely unique. Having never gone to a public school in Utah, I can't comment on its difficulty; however, most students say it's quite a bit more rigorous than most Utah public high schools. Most of its teachers are great at what they do, and all are very passionate about their respective subjects. I wasn't impressed by the administration in the least (the reason it lost a star). I came to this school for one reason only: to get an Associate's degree in high school. I would, without hesitation, strongly recommend the Early College program; it's rigorous, valuable, and usually free. I can't express how much it's helped me mature and thrive in high school. Academically strong students should definitely consider it. Those who have reservations about the program due to AP classes offered elsewhere should know that Early College classes at Weber State earn students more college credit and are easier than their AP counterparts. That being said, NUAMES doesn't have any sports or many of the usual high school activities. Students who don't quite fit in at traditional schools usually thrive here, but athletes and those involved in arts might find the activities unfulfilling.

I have been disappointed with the leadership of this school. The school is administered similar to an ordinary HS with micro-managers who don't understand excellence in teaching. We have considered leaving; however, our boys are very happy and have been inspired by a couple of their teachers. The board needs to take a serious look at the current administration, and have the administration undergo regular evaluations. I have given the school 3 stars versus 5 because of the administration, and the Boards inability to recognize the flaws.

Last modified No Ut Academy For Math Engineering & Science (Nuames) is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.