North Davis Preparatory Academy 3

Posted October 24, 2014
This used to be a really great school. But they grew too fast and they keep teachers that should be replaced. Student count has grown to be the same as public schools in some cases. Teachers are starting to become entitled and not an advocate for students. After researching schools around the city. There are better programs in the regular school districts and better teachers. I gave the teacher quality a 3, but there are some that are a 2 and some that are a 4-5. But I feel the 4-5's are becoming complacent and shifting to 3's.

Posted September 15, 2013
Amazing school that will challenge your student. What I love about NDPA is the Immersion Program. Students are taught math and science (some other subjects) in Spanish starting in 1st grade. When you walk into the classroom the students are conversing with each other and the teacher in Spanish. I love it. The teachers treat each student as a individual and can challenge those students who need more. I've noticed that NDPA is very committed to teaching students to think deeply and more critically. I agree with some of the other reviews that as far as expectations and environment, NDPA is more like a private school. The administration takes the time to work through conflicts with the students like you would in your own family. They spend the time to understand the root of the problem and work with the students involved to form a solution. If you are a parent who is looking for Spanish Immersion, want your students to be challenged, and understand that today's students need more practice at solving life's problems then NDPA will be a perfect fit for your family.

Posted September 05, 2013
My sons went to NDPA for 1.5 years. I am writing this review I felt bad that I had not warned other parents. This is a terrible school, primarily due to a lack of leadership! At one point I called an attorney that told me I had a solid case and if I wanted he would represent me and my sons before the board but that he was sure we would win. Well, I decided to move them to a different charter school. They love it! I am so glad I did. Another example of poor leadership was when my family had a major (public) tragedy the school did not respond or support my sons hardlt at all! I was professionally trained to work with families in tragedies and confronted a teacher and the NDPA psychologist. I let them know that their response was very poor and that I was aware that is not how one is trained in this field. All they did was apologized for their behavior (or lack there of)! I was told by an NDPA leader things were different but that the principal changed hands in the last couple of years. Too bad for those families!

Posted August 08, 2013
NDPA is a terrable school, the principal is nice but she is not do anything to help the school. They allow bullying, if you cross anyone in the wrong way, they will do everything in there power to drive you away. only a few good teachers, the band teacher, the 7th grade science teacher, the 7th grade cte teacher, and that it. But the band teacher left, cte teacher is considering quitting, and the science teacher is under appreciated. The next problem the Spanish program, when i left that school in 8th grade i took a Spanish class, i learned more from that class than i ever did there The students can get away with anything (most students anyway) I witnessed , fights, people who had such fowl language, that you would be horrified. I once saw a student who was asked to do something by the teacher, the teacher was imidiatly yelled at by the student! There are no extra activity, just sports, and even than, there have been kids suspended for not playing aggressive enough! on top of that the jr high assistant principle will not let them do anything with anyone other than charter schools. I beg and plead with you stay away,you will be transfering out in the middle of the year

Posted August 07, 2013
North Davis Prep is FAN.TAS.TIC!!!!!! My children have attended for the past 5 years, and I have nothing but praise to give the teachers, staff, and administration. There is a different feel when you walk down the halls of the school. The students are respectful and the learning environment is second to none. NDPA gets more out of their students because they have higher expectations for learning as well as behavior. After having my children in my local public school for 2 years, I can say without hesitation that NDPA tops my list of schools in Utah.

Posted June 25, 2013
North Davis Prep. One word, Horrible! I had my girls in it and I finally was able to take them out. The administration is terrible and we hated Mrs. Gomberg the principle. The Spanish immersion just slowed my kids down. I loved a few of the teachers but even they left because the administration was terrible. Don't take your kids here or you will regret it.

Posted January 14, 2012
I brought my son here for two reasons. Spanish immersion and smaller school. However, I got much more than that. The principal, counselor and teachers are phenomenal. This is a tough school, much more like a private school in the expectations. The teachers from Spain do not have a hand holding philosophy. The student is responsible for their education and they are the guides. The school as a whole believes this. If your child is focused and has the desire they will do everything to help them be successful.

North Davis Preparatory Academy 3

Posted December 08, 2010
This school is top notch for education and helping children to succeed. However, the one draw back, and it may be a big one, is the lack of discipline at the Jr High end. There are very few and very lenient consequences when it comes to student bad behavior. As a result, your child may not always feel comfortable in this learning environment. Wish this were different

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted January 06, 2010

North Davis Preparatory Academy
1765 West Hillfield Rd, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified North Davis Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Davis Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top