996 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Posted December 10, 2015
I have experienced a level of incompetency at this school that is unimaginable. The administration treats parents poorly unless you have money to donate to their current fundraiser. If you are not lds at this school...this is not the school for your children. If your child is on an 504 plan or iep plan. This is not the school for you. The resource teacher is unorganized and the 504 plans are pointless, when most of her students score just as poorly at the beginning as they do at the end of the year. The school psychologist is a twit, rarely shows up to 504 meetings and when she does...smiles at you constantly like she just popped a happy pill. It's creepy. It took two years to get my child intervention because she had no idea what she was testing for...I had to see a neuro psych to get my child diagnosed dyslexic. Thank god my children have moved on to legacy Jr high. We are now playing catch up in school because this school refuses to use the correct intervention for its students with sld's. I want to warn anyone who purchases a home in sand springs territory....you may have a beautiful home, but your children's education will suffer until they get to junior high at legacy. Please check out private schools or charter schools in the area. Syracuse arts school....is fantastic. Buyer beware of this school.

Posted April 13, 2015
If your child has psychological services at Sand Springs Elem. with the school psychologist, you should consider outside therapy before allowing her to evaluate or counsel your child. She has shown extremely poor judgement. She causes more psychological harm to her students than help. She continuously uses coercion with her students to get them to say things that justify her own negative personal agenda. She does not take the Ethical principles of Psychologists and code of conduct seriously. I am very sad for any child who is counseled by this individual, she clearly has personal issues. I was warned about her from other parents in the school who felt she discriminated against non lds families, and created issues where their were none to begin with. I wish I had listened to their warning, this woman has done great damage to my child ( and others), which is irreversible and now requires outside help. I have lost my faith in this school and trust in this particular individual. Very disappointing experience. ( posted this info on the other schools site that she works for) interesting comments at the other school as well)

Posted April 02, 2015
School has a great Spanish Immersion program, the music department could use some" real" talent. The Christmas sing along program is a joke, and they have few parents who show up. The pta does an anti fundraiser which is lazy, they don't come together as a school, as parents, administration and students to raise money for anything worth while. The administration is incompetent and I wouldn't trust them to train a pet let alone teach a child. If you move to the area please put your child in a charter school.

Posted March 30, 2014
I am really impressed with our experience at Sand Springs. I was hesitant about the year round schedule but it is working out great for our family. The school is great at communication and its always making different ways to stay in the loop. The teacher we have is so well educated and well versed in educational philosophy and curriculum we trust her implicitly. We'd love it if our son could stay with her indefinitely. The school has a lot of amazing community involvement. They seem to have a very active PTA which I appreciate. We appreciate the efforts made on the staffs part to address any and all concerns we have brought up. We also appreciate being made aware of any issues/events/drills going on at school that may interest our child.

Posted August 14, 2013
I love this school! My son goes here after we moved recently and we have nothing to say but praise for the excellent teachers and faculty. The school has a great layout and has adapted well to the year-round schedule to accommodate the growing population.

Posted July 25, 2013
I LOVE this school and all the teachers and staff!! They really care about the kids and help them along! If it weren't for such great teachers, my son wouldn't have gotten as far as he has!!

Sand Springs School 4

Posted November 27, 2010
We've lived all over the US and this has been one of the best schools we've attended. The teachers have been good to work with. Concerns are not brushed under the rug, and there is a high amount of parental involvement. Office staff is okay. I only wish for a stronger music program, but I believe budget doesn't allow for it.

Posted April 27, 2010
Great teachers, great experiences, amazing curriculum, happy students!

Posted August 15, 2009
I love the parent and teacher involvement..I also love that they have an immersion program that so far both of my children are attending..Great school!

Posted August 16, 2008
I love this school and the teachers are great! I have 3 kids who attend here and have never had any problems

Sand Springs School
242 North 3200 West, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Sand Springs School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sand Springs School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top